Isabella Ventura air Simplex W320

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:49 pm
by GT runner | 291 Posts

Hi All, Just wanted to let you know that I have managed to upload some pictures of the new Isabella air awning that I took at the NEC earlier this year. They are in the awnings category and on the last page. Hope they are of interested. It certainly looked like a top quality awning and had a nice feel about it when I was stood inside. However it did have a sewn in ground sheet which is not everyone’s (mine included) cup of tea.

Edit by admin> Here's the link to 5 photographs g8p3834-Isabella-Ventura-Air-Simplex-W.html

Last edited Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:24 pm | Scroll up

RE: Isabella Ventura air Simplex W320

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:50 pm
by EdinburghTroll | 14 Posts

Great thanks, we are thinking of buying one for our Troll 535.

Anyone got one?, or have any feedback if they have seen one in action?

The Isabella site doesn't give a lot of info on whether all the windows and doors have fly screens or ventilation?

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:14 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.320 Posts

I can only give generic comments, but I'd be steered away from one because it has a tunnel connection. This means two things in you get less floor space and a saggy roof that will collect water and sag. Also appears to have a sewn in floor which means problems using one on C&MC sites plus some others as they require breathable grounsheet.
It is difficult enough as it is to find an Eriba specific awning that fits without paying a lot of money for a generic model that is less likely to fit, no matter how good the materials and construction methods, and Isabella really are good in these areas..

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

EdinburghTroll likes this post!
Last edited Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:15 pm | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:39 pm
by Terryc | 104 Posts

As Colin said ,any awning designed to fit lots vehicles never really fit very good ,one size doesn’t fit all ..

EdinburghTroll likes this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:02 pm
by EdinburghTroll | 14 Posts

Good points. Many thanks! I wasn't thinking about the requirement to have a breathable floor!

Now looking at the kampa dometic Cross Air instead...

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:36 pm

That looks like the same sort of thing. If you want an air awning that fits you should be looking at the Kampa Pop Air, 365 for a Troll. If your van is post 2009/10 then you must go for a 2019 model onwards.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
EdinburghTroll and SOULBLUESMAN68 like this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:13 pm

I e-mailed Isabella this week and explained the interest on the forum over this awning. My enquiry was to whether they have plans to make an Eriba specific version of the Simplex as it would lend itself very well. The advantage of the tunnel flexibility for fitting to different vans is a negative for Eriba owners as it allows sagging due to rain and restricts a full useable footprint.
I suggested an Eriba would not be to difficult to source from members for UK testing and we have a vast knowledge at our disposal due to the number and variety of awnings owned by members. Research and Development in the Netherlands are always looking at ideas and a specific model would not be discounted in future products.
I would not get excited as I heard this two years ago from Vango. As usual if I hear anything I will post the details.

Colin

Terryc and SOULBLUESMAN68 like this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 17 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12534 topics and 105727 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0