Eriba/car compatibility

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:38 pm
by sarah551 | 8 Posts

Hello lovely Eriba folks
Our car can pull up to 1300kg so keeping in with the 85% towing capacity we can go up to 1105kg
We are currently looking at an triton 420 if this doesn’t work out do you know of any others that fit into our weight limit ?
We really would like a toilet but would compromise if it was a 3 berth, we r not looking for new we like the older vans and obviously the price too 😂😂

Scroll up

RE: Eriba/car compatibility

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:22 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

Saraah,
what is your car and have you looked on https://towcar.info/
Most UK supplied 430's from about 2000 onwards will have a 1200kg axle/max load. If you see 5 wheel studs/bolts it is 1200kg, 4 means 1000kg. They offer a double berth at the back and single at the front. In the middle is a small loo suitable for night-time use opposite the kitchen. This would be my choice, and not because we have one, but because it meets your requirements.
The 85% limit is a guide for new towers, but Eribas are not your average van. They are lower, streamlined and far more stable than your traditional wobbly white box. You need to look in your car handbook for the weights allowed. The information is probably also on the B pillar drivers side. The weights could be higher, or possibly lower than the 85% depending upon manufacturer. Renault are often lower.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
sarah551 likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: Eriba/car compatibility

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:01 am
by sarah551 | 8 Posts

Hi Colin
Sorry for the late reply ; I thought I’d answered you I’m very new to a Forum setting
Thank you for your excellent advice regarding the wheel/stud bolts It’s been very useful
We looked at a Troll 540 the other day but felt the asking price was more than we wanted to pay
Still on the look out for the right one in no rush but have found this site and others on Facebook so helpful
Our car is a 1.6 D 3008 2015 Peugeot we really want to keep it as it so nice to drive

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 47 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105778 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1