Awning

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:08 am
by Mr A W Boxall | 31 Posts

Has anybody used the Vango palm air awning low? We bought the Sunncamp Canopy but it is not going to work as we need a enclosed area.

Regards Tony B

Scroll up

RE: Awning

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:34 am
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.116 Posts

Hi Tony

We just took delivery of the Awning version of your Swift Canopy and that goes right to the ground and zips right up. This is the Sunncamp Swift Vareo 260 Low. We have had it up on the drive but won't be using it on a site until later this month.

It cost us £160 but we also got the footprint for it which was £20. It is very lightweight which was what we wanted and not sure how long it will last. We are only going to use it for short trips. We have a Kampa Pop Air as out long stay awning which is much heavier and withstands strong winds

I have not seen the Palm but would imagine that it was dearer but of better quality. It all depends on what you want.

MikeT

Last edited Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:35 am | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:04 am
by Macca (deleted)

Hi Mike.
We are looking at buying a awning for a 540.

I looked at the Sunncamp Swift Vareo 260 Low, and the Kampa pop air.
We tend to move site after 4-5days.

The other option is the walker style.
Just wondering if you have any advice or feed back on above.
Thanks guy.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:18 am
by eribaMotters | 5.309 Posts

We have the Kampa Pop Air but only use it if pitched up for a week or so. This has usually been the case for us as fully setting up an awning, carpet, all the gear etc usually takes an hour even if you have mastered the art of the awning in 35 minutes. Packing away is longer and on a few day break it eats into your timr. We are currently sitting under our open fronted Sunncamp Swift in a wet North Wales. 10 minutes to set up. We use this for short breaks or an Isabella Shadow if it's sunny.
If the fronted version had been available at the time I think I might have gone for that. I don't particularly like the rip stop nylon type fabrics but they are perfect for this situation.
My advice would be this and the Isabella. With a total combined weight of about 10kg you can leave in the van all of the time. You could then keep an eye out for a 2nd hand bargain full awning for your rare longer pitch.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

likes this post!
Last edited Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:21 am | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:38 pm
by Magpie | 672 Posts

Yes, we'd also be interested to hear any comments on the Vango Palm if there's anyone out there who has tried one.

Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 23 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12523 topics and 105662 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3