Our new Awning Light.

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:41 am
by Randa france | 12.875 Posts

As most people already know, we hardly ever use our full awning when travelling. It is showing it's age and we fear that between all these monster white wobblies with brand spankers awnings we will soon be run out of town.

However and although the awning light on the side of the Eriba works very well, we decided to knock up a central hanging light and shade instead of the usual fluorescent lighting normally available to campers.

A yard or so of plugged cable, a low energy light bulb, a smart copper coloured shade from Wilkos, a butchers hook and 2 pieces of wire to hang it onto the roof bar. What a difference. A central light with enough illumination to change the ambiance of the awning into that of a cosy sitting room.

s IMG_0280.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:43 am | Scroll up

RE: Our new Awning Light.

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:57 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.743 Posts

Pathetic. Been doing that since 2012.

Anyway, where's this year's Randalog, you idle Welsh git?

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Randa france and scouteralf like this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:16 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: Randa france wrote in post #1
As most people already know, we hardly ever use our full awning when travelling.
This simply isn't true.

None of our neighbours know that you hardly ever use your full awning when travelling. My mum doesn't and neither of our kids do. None of Mrs Pete's relatives do.

I would put my mortgage on the fact that if I asked every single person living in our town, not one of them would know that hardly ever use your full awning when travelling.

I think it's entirely reasonable therefore, were you to do a statistical extrapolation, to arrive quite quickly at the conclusion that most people do not know this.

In fact, I'd be bolder than that. If you were to ask the question of the entire population of the United Kingdom, I'd wager that fewer than a hundred people know it. A hundred and fifty absolute tops.

That's such a minuscule number that to all intents and purposes it's totally irrelevant.

I do realise that you are prone to the occasional bout of hyperbole, but that particular example is a step too far.

Have a nice day.

Who are you again?

Randa france likes this post!
Last edited Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:26 pm | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:11 pm
by mr_underhill | 688 Posts

Is a statistical extrapolation an illness or another Welsh Expression for a bearded welshman ?

Tardis II , Eriba Puck 1990 pushing a Fiat 500 Colour Therapy, Twin Air Turbo.
One man and his dog.. retired 🐶
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:03 pm

Dunno. Too many big words for me
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:05 pm

Quote: Aaron Calder wrote in post #2
Pathetic. Been doing that since 2012.

Anyway, where's this year's Randalog, you idle Welsh git?

Didn't think anyone would be interested
Randa

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:08 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.309 Posts

Sounds like a fair few bored forum members today. Good for a laugh though.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:51 pm
by Captain Calamity | 342 Posts

BTW, I knew.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:55 am
by GT runner | 291 Posts

IMG_5546.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Hi Randa,

We did a similar thing. We use a rechargeable camping lantern from Fenix (CL20R) http://www.flashaholics.co.uk/products/fenix-cl20r.html
We also have a oil lantern and Coleman candle lantern going inside our Vango Hexaway. Makes a lovely cosy ambience. Will try and insert a picture.

Randa france and Julie Grafo like this post!
Last edited Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:04 am | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:40 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.460 Posts

I knew too 😂 but that only makes two of us. May have to concede grudgingly that Monsieur Le Pew has a point 🤔
Another vote for a Randalog, give all of us missing our extended sojourns in the sun something to do for 5 minutes .

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Randa france and marmite like this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:41 pm

Quote: Julie Grafo wrote in post #10
I knew too 😂 but that only makes two of us. May have to concede grudgingly that Monsieur Le Pew has a point 🤔
Another vote for a Randalog, give all of us missing our extended sojourns in the sun something to do for 5 minutes .

Well, due to an overwhelming number of people insisting that we do a 2020 Randalog, I may well have to concede. (ps. only two actually but don't tell Pete)
Randa

Pepé Le Pew and Julie Grafo like this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
5 Members and 25 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12523 topics and 105665 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 5