My first DIY improvement project - storage

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:37 pm
by WendyT | 89 Posts

We’ve had a couple of shorter trips in Tris the troll now, and I found that I needed some clothes hanging space out of sight, as it were. I don’t like having the coats hanging in the seating area, as it makes the place feel a bit cluttered.

We have a 550, with bathroom, but we’re not using the bathroom when we’re on sites with facilities, so I decided to try a storage solution there. My first attempt repurposed some hanging rails from the tent:
JPEG image.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

But the problem with this is that it makes indents in the plastic shelf facing. So I decided to make a proper rail.
I used a curtain rail with curtain rail hooks, and tesa power strips for fixing. It’s a lightweight aluminium curtain pole, and the power strips can carry 2kg. The pole will be removed during transport. I don’t intend to have much hanging tho, it’s really for rain coats and wet clothes that we don’t want dripping in the main part of the caravan, and some other lightweight clothes, such as summer jackets and jumpers that take up a lot of space in the overhead lockers.

I had fun with the junior hacksaw, cutting the pole to length, and spirit level getting it perfectly levelled, but I forgot to check if the van was level before I started so I may have to adjust it when we next set up on site 🙄. That’s the advantage of the power strips though, easy to remove and replace.

Here are some pics of the finished rail
JPEG image 2.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) JPEG image 3.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) JPEG image 4.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Randa france, eribaMotters, , Dockmur and Sulphurman like this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 52 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105778 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4