Anyone used Carpets for Caravans?

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:32 am
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.123 Posts

We are still exploring getting carpets fitted to out Troll 540. Although we have various mats to cover most of the floor we were conscious again last week in Angelsey on a cold and windy night we felt cold coming through the floor.

I did a post a few months ago about fitting Flotex tiles but decided that they were too heavy. Some members made some other useful suggestions then.

On Angelsey we met Andrew & Helen who had a local carpet fitter fit some for their Triton and it looked just the job. So last night I was scrolling through the internet and came across the Website for Carpets for Caravans based in Bolton. They apparently come to your home and fit the carpets & edgings on site. On the photographs they seem to produce this in separate removable pieces, with bound edges. They do look quite good.

They seem to have a standard price of £250 which seems a bit steep for a little Eriba compared to a big white box.

I was just wondering if anyone on the Forum had used them or had any dealings with them in the past and if so, how did you find them to deal with.

Thanks for any help

MikeT

Scroll up

RE: Anyone used Carpets for Caravans?

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:34 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts

I dismissed the idea of a carpet in my Puck because it looked like the drawer under the fridge and the door to the fuse box would be blocked from opening.

Steve

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi
SOULBLUESMAN68 and cruickie like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:36 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.325 Posts
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Mike,
in 2017 I succumbed and got something for the cold floor whilst in France during September. Night time temperatures of 6-8c made me buy flooring.
I did not want carpet, except for the small "door mat" as we walk in, as it is heavy, holds moisure, needs cleaning which is a problem when away and EXPENSIVE.
We went for Friedola Sympa Nova Premium at 65cm wide. This was bought off the roll cut to nearest 100mm length and I went for 70015, Steel Gray. I tried to source a new length of this recently but could only find this colour in Germany with a high delivery cost. Your local caravan dealer will sell similar if not exactly the same at about £7.50 m, but some of the colour ways and designs are truly horrid [I'm a design snob]. I have however managed to find a very close match here:- Werbung: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FLEXI-MAT-Ant...ar=425222306635 and am awaiting delivery.
It is lightweight, soft and comfortable to walk on, holes allow dirt to fall through meaning roll it back and use dustpan & brush on floor every few days when away. It can even be machine washed when home.

Colin

The following contents have been linked to this post:

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:06 pm
by marmite | 400 Posts

We bought two Hug Rug runners for ether end of our 540 and a matching smaller one for in front of the kitchen, these three cover the whole of the floor and they are machine washable, soft underfoot and easy to sweep or vacuum whilst away in the van, we had a Hymer carpet on our previous van and these beat it hands down .

Denise & Phil

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:11 pm
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

For the last van we bought an offcut from a carpet shop, then made a paper pattern from newspaper, cut the offcut to shape then had the edge bound by a local carpet shop £40. I did however have to "ease" a couple of the doors to pass over easily. On this van I've laid carpet tiles which fit much better plus if any get soiled it's easy to lift a couple or three to clean them and we think the "all over" look is much nicer.
I should point out that i've had the tiles sat in my loft for about 15 years for another job that I never got round to.
Dave

Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 150 Tdi DSG Troll 552 - 2005
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey.
SOULBLUESMAN68 and Eribanut like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:59 pm
by Randa france | 12.885 Posts

This is our solution Mike :- Floor mat
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:42 pm
by John Cross | 264 Posts

Our 540 has a full set of removable carpets, they must have been ordered when it was new, they have always been in there.

Troll 540
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:54 am

Hi john
Would you recommend a set of them? Do they work well in insulating you from the cold floor?

Thanks
Mike

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:45 pm

I will let you know after our first outing, but they must help I would have thought. Going on our first outing next weekend

Troll 540
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:47 pm

Enjoy it John & hope you get some decent weather
MikeT

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:49 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

I suppose it is a toss up between having that extra layer of insulation and having something horribly difficult to keep clean and dry.

Betty, 1998 Triton 430 and Colin, a Renault Mégane.
Magpie likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:49 pm

Thanks, looking forward to getting away. These are the carpets, I have just unrolled them from a bag, so not sitting flat yet. As long as your careful, you can keep carpets clean. It's nice to have the option to remove in warmer times, all our other vans have had fitted carpets

IMG_20201009_112223957.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)IMG_20201009_112231354.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)
IMG_20201009_104913321.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Troll 540
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:54 am

wow John - I think those look great

As you say you have the bonus of putting them in now it's getting chilly and then take them out in the summer.

As I'm getting older I feel the cold through the floor in the September to April period when we take the van away. these carpets look like they will solve that for you. So speaks an ex-tenter who had no carpets in the tent and no source of heat and didn't even notice...................!

MikeT

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:09 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

They look really good and I'm sure you'll feel warmer. Have you got a cordless Hoover handy? We take one with us just for the hard floors.

Betty, 1998 Triton 430 and Colin, a Renault Mégane.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:35 pm

Yes we have one, it does a good job on the carpets. We also use the large house vac when we get home.

Troll 540
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 24 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105771 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0