Clothes Airer

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:35 pm
by Randa france | 12.890 Posts

In Lidl today, a clothes airer that hardly weights anything at all so great for touring. Claims to have 6 metres of hanging space, max load 6 kg (One washing machine's worth).

Only £4.99 so we had to have one.

s clothes airer.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Magpie, and Captain Calamity like this post!
Last edited Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:36 pm | Scroll up

RE: Clothes Airer

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:25 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.123 Posts

Hi Randa

We had a similar experience at the Range in Burnley a fortnight ago. Kath tasked me with finding a clothes maiden that would fit in the awning along with the large table. On the top shelf was a dark grey plastic one that seemed different to the others. Not having massive enthusiasm for shopping for airers I bought it straight away & promptly went to a more interesting area that sold savoury snacks.

Well image my shock when I got it home to be assailed by cries of delight followed by fulsome praise from Kath. Apparently I had bought one that not only expanded to double its width but also had a rigid frame. I naturally said that I had spent ages looking at each model and assessing their pros & cons before selecting the said model.

Blue Peter badges were awarded & Brownie points built up for the future.

We used it on our recent visit to Angelsey and even I had to admit it was something of a winner - it didn't fall over all the time like our previous maiden which I think was a left over from when the kids went to Uni over a decade ago.

I will try to remember to take & attach a couple of photos tomorrow to illustrate this thing of beauty & practicality.................................................!

MikeT

Randa france likes this post!
Last edited Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:43 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:34 pm

Hi Roger

These are the photos of the small but magical expanding clothes airer \i got Kath from the Range. I think it cost £8.99

The children's soft football is an attempt to give some perspective on size. It really folds up very small and is great to pack in the boot unlike our large metal airer.

IMG_20201015_204729253_HDR (2).jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

IMG_20201015_205045156 (2).jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

IMG_20201015_205015788_HDR (2).jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Apologies for the poor photography

MikeT

Last edited Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:35 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:01 am

That's very neat Mike.

We have an old large one in the garage that we used for camping, but far too bulky to lug around with us.

Currently, we have a farly large rotary line which is quite easy to position. Far bigger than the proper camping ones and £10 from Wilco. https://www.wilko.com/en-uk/wilko-3-arm-...r-30m/p/1285040

No folding legs however so we use a ground screw anchor like this:- https://www.amazon.co.uk/Amtech-U0200-Ga...r/dp/B0055Y9CDW

OK if your on site for a week and have a big load but the clothes airer will be handy for shorter stays.
R

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:11 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:33 am
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: SOULBLUESMAN68 wrote in post #3
The children's soft football is an attempt to give some perspective on size.
Can you add something to give us an idea of how big the football is?

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:36 am
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

Until last year we have used a couple of Addis scissor type airers that we use over winter at home. We did try one like yours Roger but we found stability was a problem. When loaded they do like to fall over. A 2nd hand Kampa Rotary is now our drier of choice with the legs pegged firmly down. This will take a full was and even if not pegged is very stable. It is also lightweight and lives under the fixed bed.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:47 pm
by Sportique | 332 Posts

Oh dear, we take the dirty washing home with us - but then we don't usually camp for more than about a week at a time

We do have one of those little dubberies that you can hang out of the open window - just for emergencies - I'll leave that to your imagination

Dave

Audi A3 2.0 TDi Sport closely linked to a 1994 Pan Familia 320
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:56 pm

Very good Pepe- I fear that any further clarification of size could lead to further endless requests for clarification.

But here we go - the same size as the standard size 5 football that Blackburn Rovers consistently fail to put into the opposition's net every week but a soft sponge. Perhaps they are playing with a soft sponge version ......

MikeT

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:03 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

We tie a line between the van and a tree!

Betty, 1998 Triton 430 and Colin, a Renault Mégane.
Pepé Le Pew, Randa france and Rickys Rav like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:21 am
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

I've found carrying a tree is a bit more difficult than a clothes airer so gave up on that idea.
Your set up is however useful for badminton or limbo dancing, depending on how tall you are

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:40 am
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

We take a 3 piece pole, line from the van to the pole then 2 guy lines pegged out, that way we can vary the length of the line, but if there's a tree in the right place we use it.
Dave

Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 150 Tdi DSG Troll 552 - 2005
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey.
SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:28 am

Quote: Islay Corbel wrote in post #9
We tie a line between the van and a tree!

Ah, the free spirit of French campsites
Randa

Pip1136 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:12 pm

When we were tenters going to France & Spain we always fixed some string from the back of the tent to the nearest tree or bush. However most of the Clubs sites don't have trees anywhere near your pitch and we no longer have tonnes of kids clothes to wash & get dry.

Plus the said airers have the especial advantage over string to trees that you can use it inside your awning in our seemingly increasingly frequent wet weather. Small airer now go to part of ThEriba equipment

MikeT

Scroll up

Visitors
5 Members and 23 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12541 topics and 105785 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 5