Eriba Dealers in UK website page

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:34 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

I've obviously got to much time on my hands.
Having visited the Eriba website, dealers in the UK page:- https://www.eriba.com/en/service-and-acc...ler-search.html it is obvious to a numpty such as myself that it could be considered a work of fiction, or at least very out of date.
So I worked my way through various links to :- https://www.eriba.com/en/service-and-acc...al-inquiry.html and sent this off.

"I have visited your UK site on the dealer search page https://www.eriba.com/en/service-and-acc...ler-search.html
Unfortunately nearly 1/2 of the dealers listed do not appear to be Eriba dealers.
The websites for Erwin Hymer Center Travelworld, Red Lion Caravans, Knowepark Caravans Ltd and Broad Lane Leisure Ltd make no mention of Eriba.
Also Leisure First Ltd seem to be a mirror company of Automotive Leisure Ltd, but with a non existent website.
I welcome your comments on these observations as it would make it a lot easier to source a van and servicing facilities if the information was correct and up to date."

I wonder if I will get a reply?

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

RE: Eriba Dealers in UK website page

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:32 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.463 Posts

It’s a fair question Colin but I’m not taking bets on whether or not they blame COVID 19.

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:50 am

I have a reply:-

We can offer the following dealers:

Ø DeRed Lion Caravans

Ø Broad Lane Leisure

Ø Knowepark

These are all new dealers that we have been able to gain for ERIBA - but unfortunately they do not yet have any vehicles on site - the demonstration vehicles have not yet been produced / delivered - but the dealers can already advise, take orders, etc.

Unfortunately, Travelworld will leave the ERIBA dealer network and will concentrate fully on motorhomes and camper vans.

Automotive Leisure - this company is changing its name to Leisure First.

Due to the many corona-related delays, the Leisure First page is unfortunately not yet active.

However, this will be brought online as soon as possible and then Automotive Leisure will be completely shut down.

Here is a short list of our ERIBA dealers (some with vehicles, some without - because they are new):

Ø Knowepark

Ø Adventure Leisure

Ø Lowdham Huddersfield

Ø Red Lion Caravans

Ø Lowdham Nottingham

Ø Broad Lane Leisure

Ø Highbridge Somerset

Ø Leisure First (ex- Automotive Leisure)

Thank you for your kind response and sorry for the late reply.
HYMER Customer Office

And my reply:-

"Thank you for the reply, it clarifies some points.

You do however still have a major issue. Unless potential customers stumble across the relevant page on your website then they are totally unaware that some dealers distribute or service Eriba caravans. This would appear poor business practice that a dealership cannot bother to update its website homepage to reflect there new status.

May I assure you this is not an isolated opinion. In the UK are two thriving Eriba forums and members are both confused and in some cases annoyed at the lack of clarity of information available."

And they replied:-

"Thanks for the hint - we will contact the dealers and ask them to update the website.

Best regards

Hymer Customer services"

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

SOULBLUESMAN68, FINNWOODY, scouteralf and like this post!
Last edited Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:02 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:58 am
by Derekcbr (deleted)
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Hi Colin, in your list I see no mention of Automotive leisure at Tebay. ???

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:07 am

Derick,
easy mistake that many make. They are in fact "Adventure Leisure Vehicles" or "ALV" https://www.adventurelv.com/

Colin

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:55 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts

And yet Red Lion told a Facebook member who required a water ingress test that they were NOT yet an Eriba dealer and could not do it..

Thats after announcing earlier in the same group:

"Hi Everyone. Just like to introduce myself, I'm Lee Managing Director from Red Lion Caravan Centre, the newly appointed Eriba dealer. Our demo caravans will start arriving in September time, and hopefully, by that time we will also be geared up for all your servicing and parts needs if anyone wants to ask any questions feel free to comment and I will do my best to answer.".

They only replied to one question.

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:58 pm
by Derekcbr (deleted)

Colin, yes sorry for the mistake! But still no mention in your list of Eriba dealers just wondered why “Adventure Leisure Vehicles” (ALV) is not included.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:04 pm

Derek, have a look at #3

Here is a short list of our ERIBA dealers (some with vehicles, some without - because they are new):

Ø Knowepark

Ø Adventure Leisure

Ø Lowdham Huddersfield

Ø Red Lion Caravans

Ø Lowdham Nottingham

Ø Broad Lane Leisure

Ø Highbridge Somerset

Ø Leisure First (ex- Automotive Leisure)

Colin

Last edited Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:04 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:57 pm
by Derekcbr (deleted)

Thanks Colin. I missed it! Senior moment or what!!!

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:40 pm
by Williebraveheart | 351 Posts

I spoke with Jean and Sandy at Jandi today. Sandy confirmed that they officially sever their connection with Hymer on 30th June 2021. Up until then they can carry out Water Ingress Tests for warranty purposes. They have sold all their new vans but they hope to carry on servicing after 30th June on a reduced level as they want to get some touring time in for themselves. Moving forward I would still get Jandi to carry out servicing and get the dreaded Knowepark to carry out water ingress only during the warranty period. 75% of the UK's Eriba Touring knowledge and expertise will go with them.

Stewart

2019 Troll 535GT Fixed Bed. Mercedes GLA 220d 4Matic
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:19 pm
by Clive795 | 31 Posts

It interesting to see this response.
I needed a service and water ingress test recently and contacted Highbridge caravans who are quite close to us. They wouldn’t help as we hadn’t bought the caravan from them. I may try them again next year in case it was for COVID reasons.
We took it back to Automotive Leisure on Tuesday, the new premises are easier to get to and just seems to have less office space and there is no interior showroom.
The invoice paperwork is still in the name Automotive Leisure and the phone is still answered in that name. I assume it will all become Leisure First in due course.

2017 Triton 430GT
SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:58 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

I had some work completed by Tamar Caravans in Plymouth recently. The work was delayed by about 3 weeks due to Covid and Furlough restrictions. We purchased the van privately 7 years ago. Tamar are mainly Swift Distributors but were happy to work on our Troll 540.

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:29 pm
by Adelaide (deleted)

We’ve had our Troll serviced by Knowepark in Livingston. Whilst it’s a Hymer dealer, and could therefore legitimately service an Eriba, maintaining our warranty and registering the service with Hymer, I don’t think it’s actually an Eriba dealer. The service guys certainly didn’t give any indication of that. Puzzling!

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:21 pm

Update, e-mail rant this evening sent to Hymer :-

Automotive Leisure/Leisure First has made some ground, but unfortunately that's it. You have a good number of Eriba owners in the UK and many potential owners who are being let down. Your dealer network that does not appear to be in the market to advertise, sell or service your vans. If you look at there websites the dealers identified in my earlier e-mails cannot be bothered to advertise Eriba caravans. Yes we have had lockdown and the dealer doors are closed, but they are receiving communications by phone and e-mail and so obviously working. Is this situation really good for the marque.

I personally am the owner of my fourth Eriba and very unhappy at the situation, as are many other owners on the UK forums. The Hymer/Eriba brand has in recent years suffered from very questionable build quality in particular cabinet work, water ingress, lighting, customer service etc.

I would urge you to look at this situation as although owners have been loyal to the brand over years the perceived quality of the product and support offered now seems to be sadly lacking and owners ultimately react with there chequebook.

Last edited Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:37 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:16 pm

Another dealer has joined the list, Highbridge Caravan Centre Ltd in Somerset.
At first it seems to be a mistake, but after digging through the links you get to this page http://www.highbridgecaravans.co.uk/prod...ns/caravans-new where you will find 7 vans on there way to the dealer in the form of 2 x Tritons and 5 x Trolls.No prices yet. You need to scroll down the page a fair bit.

Colin

Last edited Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:18 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 49 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105776 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2