Awning help

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:08 pm
by cycloform | 8 Posts

Hi all,

We have just picked up our new to us 230GT. On the door side there is an additional awning rail that is above the regular one. Will this give us other options as far as awnings are concerned??

If anyone has an awning for a 230 kicking around that they no longer need or require then of course feel free to let me know. We are looking to buy.

Thanks

John

Scroll up

RE: Awning help

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:36 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.298 Posts

John, the higher rail is your main awning rail that you need to use. Several manufacturers make model specific awnings and anything that says fits a Puck L, Puck 230, 225 or pre 2010 Familia 310, 320 or Pan/Pan Duo should fit.
You can usually pick up a nice older traditional style awning, eg Soplair, Van Der Horn, Clairval etc for £200.
Some owners like the lightweight drive-away low height campervan style that can be had new for little more.
My advice would be spend some time with the forum search facility and picture gallery to see what takes you fancy.
It might be worthwhile having a look at this Sunncamp Swift Verao 260 Low Initial Findings

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

cycloform likes this post!
Last edited Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:40 pm | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:50 pm
by cycloform | 8 Posts

Thanks Colin.That makes sense. I was looking at the lower one which bisects that door and couldn't quite work out how an awning would work with that one.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:33 pm
by Diws (deleted)

John, might you be interested in our Awning? It’s for a Familia 310, but it should be ok. Or maybe you’ve already found one!
I’ve only today put ours up for sale on Eribafolk for just £40. Kind regards David

Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 27 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12515 topics and 105592 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3