Sunshade questions 1 & 2

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:57 pm
by Big Al | 223 Posts

1. When I bought my Puck from AL it came with a full awning but tucked under the seat was part of a Socaplair Sunshade, ie the roof and one side that has a window. It didn't have any poles.

My question is has anyone got the poles for a Socaplair Sunshade kicking around in their garage they are wanting to get rid of? It is the version with a pointy roof so I guess it has 2 legs and a roof framework that attaches to the Puck.

Both parts I have are in great shape and it would be a shame just to waste them.

2. Has anyone seen or tested the Maypole Sun Canopy (MP9513)? At 2.5M x 2.5M and with a bowed top it looks a neat little option for just £75. The concept is the same as a smaller one I have for the rear of my car.

Here's a link to the Maypole website showing it: https://www.maypole.ltd.uk/Leisure/sunca...P9513-suncanopy

Scroll up

RE: Sunshade questions 1 & 2

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:12 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.072 Posts

Isn't the Maypole too big to fit the awning rail on the Puck ?

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:42 pm
by Big Al | 223 Posts

Quote: Steve and Debbie wrote in post #2
Isn't the Maypole too big to fit the awning rail on the Puck ?

Technically yes but it appears the cross braces for the roof are not supported by the caravan but by the corner pockets built into the shade. It is basically a stand alone large umbrella that has a connection for an awning rail.

The piping could be cut to length or just snipped so that the right amount is in the rail. If you recall the homemade sun shade I used in France the other week had extra at each end which was dealt with by adding a pole or could just be roped to the Puck. As these things naturally hang down from the rail the extra width could be used to add support poles to keep it up.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:41 pm
by Ken (deleted)

Just wondering if you still have the original Socaplair Puck awning. We have a 1983 Puck and have been looking for side walls to fit our Socaplair roof. Very Hard to find parts here in Australia.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:49 am
by Randa france | 12.864 Posts

This is a Socaplair Sunshade or something very similar.Ours came with the Eriba but no sides which I believe, were sold seperately. They also need extra horizontal poles.

Socaplair.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

The sides themselves are probably quite easy to make or get made for you. The poles however need a little more thought but should be quite easy to get around.

We've never bothered to investigate our awning further as don't use it as we find the exisiting poles are too long even when collapsed, so are difficult to store.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 17 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12515 topics and 105593 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0