Loud hum coming from EHU plug

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:20 pm
by Babs (deleted)

Just connected electricity supply from house to caravan Loud humming noise where supply connects to van. The connection is always very stiff to engage and disengage. I sprayed silicone lubricant on the plastic part of the socket but some may have got into one or two of the socket holes.
Help!! pleas advise.

Scroll up

RE: Loud hum coming from EHU plug

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:07 pm
by cabbie37 | 644 Posts

It *may* be coming from the transformer in the system that provides the 12v supply. That is not unknown. Lift the seat inside the van and have a closer listen to it to identify the exact source of the hum...

hth...

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:05 pm
by scouteralf | 114 Posts

check you have not left a tap turned on inside van, maybe a pump running

troll 530GT pushing Kia sportage awd
John Cross, and cruickie like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:43 pm
by Babs (deleted)

Thanks I will nip out tomorrow to check. However when I opened the wardrobe door. the humming was louder where the EHU socket is

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:46 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.123 Posts

Hi Babs

I had exactly what Alf is suggesting & it worried me for a minute until I recognised the noise. I had wrapped the taps in bubble wrap and then old towels to protect against the frost and in doing so had slightly pushed open the tap in the bathroom. When I connected the EHU to put the lights on in the van for something, I got this noise. It is worth a quick check that the levers on both taps are fully down.

MikeT

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:17 pm
by Babs (deleted)

Went to the van this morning. I recently emptied my water container but had not put the pump back into it. I also had left the switch for 12v engaged. I switched it. off. When I switched on EHU, no humming. Result! Thanks for advice

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 23 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105773 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1