RE: Eriba Feeling v Eriba Touring

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:29 pm
by Randa france | 12.864 Posts

No, I'm not being seduced Mike, I've rated the"Feeling" for several years now but will never be in a position to afford to change to one even if I really wanted to. I've always been happy with our ageing 530 and would always put any money we might have into a new car. No point in having a new van if you've not got anything to tow it with .

I must also admit to favouring the build quality and the more quirky look of the older Eribas.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:42 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.608 Posts

Is there much difference in weight and payload?

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!

Last edited Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:42 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:07 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.300 Posts

Nothing notable, but I have noticed the MIRO on 2nd hand vans seemed to be a bit higher on older vans compared to the Tourings that have now caught up.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:13 am
by Ellen | 31 Posts

Without sounding too diplomatic , I love both for very different reasons . My heart is with the beautiful little touring Eriba and we loved our 310 so much. Our present Eriba Nova is a heavy van but extremely comfy especially if you are feeling a little unwell. IOur Nova has a seasonal pitch in Nortth Wales and due to the nightmare of the last 12 months we have seen very little of it. We are still toying with the idea iof towing our Nova but would need to change the car to a hefty tug. Being greedy, I would like to keep our Nova and have a little Eriba at home for touring . We could only fit a dinky puck in our garage so we are limited to what we could have. Decisions, decisions! Just being able to get to Wales to see our Nova would be fantastic at the moment, if only. 😥

Randa france and SOULBLUESMAN68 like this post!
Last edited Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:16 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:46 am
by Randa france | 12.864 Posts

Here you go Ellen :-

Ellen.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

R x

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Ellen likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:13 pm
by Ellen | 31 Posts

Thanks Roger.

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:21 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.110 Posts

Hi Randa

Following up your previous point about enjoying sitting out I wonder if that's cos it seems that a lot of Touring owners are ex-tenters rather than caravaners. It's the fresh air that appeals to us so much.and talking away to any one who walks past.

That's why we love our Shadow canopy as it keeps us mostly dry whilst we sit outside. Perhaps many BWWBs are so luxurious inside that people just want to sit in them, but that doesn't seem the point of camping

We sometimes think of our Troll as a very dry tent that gets lots of fresh air in...............

I suppose you could do this as well with the Feeling but it does seem to be much closer to a WWB than a tent

MikeT

marmite likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 16 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12516 topics and 105598 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3