Eriba Feeling v Eriba Touring

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:33 pm
by Randa france | 12.865 Posts

I found this photo interesting. Size for size there's not much in it although the inside of the Feeling feels enormous against the Touring. Got to be the width and box shape.

Feeling and Touring.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

RE: Eriba Feeling v Eriba Touring

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:40 am
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.110 Posts

...............but Randa the Feeling still has the looks of a small BWB.

The little Eriba looks so much more classy, stylish and out of the ordinary...........................I rest my case

MikeT

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:58 pm

Yes, it is box shaped Mike but I do think it still retains a lot of Eriba magic:- g20-Hymer-Eriba-Feeling.html. and it is as low as the Eriba for towing purposes.

The interiors of the ones I've visited definitely still have the Touring feel to them and to be a bit of a Devil's advokate here, more and more people are covering up the front of thier caravans while towing, be they Eribas or Wobblies before arriving on site and covering the side of them up with full awnings. Why suffer a cramped Touring when you can spread yourselves out in a lot more comfort in a roomier van?

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

scouteralf likes this post!
Last edited Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:26 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:10 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.454 Posts

Ooh wash your mouth out Roger 😁
“Suffer a cramped Touring” whatever next. You’ll be telling us you’ve gone teetotal 😂

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:17 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.300 Posts

Feeling owners have reported they tow even better than our Tourings as they sit lower to the ground. Build is probably better, more space inside, cheaper to buy for same spec, still quirky, just not as quirky. If looking for a last van or transferring from a wwb they would have to be on your radar. ALV have a nice new one in stock at what looks like a good price.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:42 pm
by John Cross | 263 Posts

John E has one, nice inside. But I do like our Touring

Troll 540 Nissan Terrano 3.0 or LR Discovery 1 Fred and Diane
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:44 pm

What is a wwb by the way ??

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:48 pm

Quote: John Cross wrote in post #7
What is a wwb by the way ??

White Wobbly Box.
R

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:52 pm
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

Wobbly white box.

Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 150 Tdi DSG Troll 552 - 2005
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey.
SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:50 pm

When I'm being more polite I sometimes refer to wwb as Gin Palaces.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:12 pm

Ahh

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:30 pm

There's clearly a cultural difference here Randa - I'm with Colin on this

WOBBLY WHITE BOX or BWWB for the larger of the breed.

MikeT

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:58 pm

Hi Mike.

I purposely haven't added my two pennies worth Mike because, as I said above, I'm acting as a Devil's Advokate. Likewise Colin hasn't talked about his preference although it's obvious by the type of Eriba he owns and he is being very diplomatic.

It is a serious question though. Having spent last year holidaying in the UK and spending whole weeks on various campsites, I asked myself the question "why do we drag our funny little trailers around the country and set them up on campsites amoung all the large wobblies and campervans when it's obvious that they are more comfortable than us. The UK weather doesn't allow for sitting out and in fact, sitting out no longer appears to be caravanners/campervanners favourite pastime any more?"

The Touring was designed 63 years ago in Europe for people who enjoyed camping which involved spending a lot of time out of doors and only using the tin box for sleeping in. This is what we do when we take our Touring abroad for months on end. However, over the years we are seeing less and less Eriba Tourings on our travels yet we are seeing more and more British owned ones on UK roads.

Randa

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:16 pm

I have to admit if I bought another van I would consider one. Whilst I love the shape and cute/quirky style of the Touring it does offer a more practical solution. They do loose value more than a Touring but start at a lower price point, and to be blunt if you are looking at one as a last van the lower resale would not be my main concern. It would be over-ridden by ease of use.
If you look at the ALV 2020 Feeling then you are getting a lot of van for £19750 when you compare it to a similar Touring. With alloy wheels and a mover then van would have virtually all I want.

Colin

You would need about £6K more for a new Touring 530 over a Feeling 425 if I have read the 2021 pricelist correctly.

Last edited Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:24 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:24 pm

Hi Colin

There is a lot of talk here about this "last van" when you are both mere youngsters with probably a good decade at least in you both of Eriba Touring.

I will have to get on the ALV site to examine more closely what is seducing you and Randa...................................

MikeT

Scroll up

Visitors
6 Members and 25 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12516 topics and 105599 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 6