Service during lockdown

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:58 pm
by Captain Calamity | 342 Posts

I’m keen to protect my 7 year damp warranty which means an annual dealer service. I’m aware there is a 3 month “leeway” allowance on that annual figure but does anyone know what the position is at present. I.e. is it within the rules ( as it is with cars) to travel to a dealer for a service, if I can find one who is open?

Scroll up

RE: Service during lockdown

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:51 pm
by PooleDweller | 753 Posts

I would like to believe that moving a leisure vehicle for a service is strictly against the rules during the current lockdown. As you're no longer covered by a Hymer warranty I assume you want to prove to a future purchaser that it has been regularly damp checked. If you don't want to do it yourself, as mentioned elsewhere on the forum, why not use a local mobile service person who no doubt would give you an invoice showing it had been damp checked.

2015 Eriba Triton 430GT pushing a 2011 VW Golf Estate DSG 2L Diesel

Last edited Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:51 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:03 pm

Alas the warranty needs a Hymer dealership. I’m going to contact Hymer and get their advice and will post their response. Don’t want to lose my current warranty cover because the van is still recovering from a less-than-ideal Lowdams window seal recall.
And surprisingly a policeman has advised that a service could be classed as “essential services” as long as there was no overnight stay or leisure activity involved.

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:30 am
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.110 Posts

Hi Capn

Just checked in my service book and it says in Section 3:

If an inspection is conducted within a maximum of six months after the deadline, the warranty claim shall be honoured

I have to tell you that following a head injury , my memory is notoriously unreliable, HOWEVER I feel sure that when I contacted ALV in Tebay about my COVID delayed service, I was told that because of the Lockdown Hymer had become more flexible about the dates and just to book it in as soon as I could after they re-opened. I did and everything was fine.

Cheers
MikeT

Captain Calamity likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:22 pm

Thanks all.

Jandi's response was that if I send them my serial/construction number they will check they warranty status with Hymer and contact them to agree an extension on my behalf.

They confirmed that had I been in the same county (Unfortunately I'm in the one next door), I could have brought the van to them.

I know it has been noted before on this forum but Jandi seem to be extremely helpful. Looking forward to being one of their new customers.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:40 pm
by Randa france | 12.866 Posts

Yet again, full marks to Jean and Sandy. What's the latest on their retirement?

As and when it happens, I think we should send them a huge thank you.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:17 pm
by Williebraveheart | 351 Posts

The last conversation I had with Jean and Sandy (October) they told me that they leave the Hymer family at the end of May. They will carry out servicing and damp inspections until that date. Following that it was their intention to have a holiday and probably carry out servicing etc on a more limited basis. It is my intention to have the damp check carried out by Knowepark from 2022 onwards and servicing by Sandy. Knowepark have contacted Sandy for advice on which models and specs are most popular for display vans and seem keen to make a success of this whilst admitting that they know virtually nothing about Eribas.

Stewart

2019 Troll 535GT Fixed Bed. Mercedes GLA 220d 4Matic
Scroll up

Visitors
5 Members and 20 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12517 topics and 105604 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 5