E-bike carrier

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:25 am
by Alex McIntyre (deleted)

Hi,
Sorry to post yet another variation on the bike carrier theme but I think the problem of carrying 2 ebikes is here to stay.
Has anyone used an MAXXRAXX 2 Bicycle Voyager EasyFixx bike carrier on a Dom Fox hitch mounted tow bar to carry 2 ebikes (45kg)?
The usual Thule Xpress carrier won’t take 2 ebikes and I don’t relish making the A-frame modifications that the Thule Superb Short requires. The Maxxraxx looks like a good middle ground which can be used on the tow-car as well.
I understand the nose-weight issues but can balance these across the chassis within the van.
Any other suggestions welcome (except lifting an ebike onto a car roof!).
Cheers
Alex

Scroll up

RE: E-bike carrier

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:19 am
by eribaMotters | 5.300 Posts

Alex,
if you mean this one https://www.maxxraxx.co.uk/bikes-racks/v...-easyfixx-black then it looks promising. They do say in the write up about contacting them if you are considering e-bikes.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:05 pm
by Alex McIntyre (deleted)

Thanks Colin,
I think I’m going to buy a Thule Superb Short and modify the draw bar to an A-Frame. There’s another post on the forum where someone’s done it an it looks pretty straightforward. . . Famous last words.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:33 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.300 Posts

Alex,
I believe the post you refer to entails cutting a U shape across a square section piece of steel. After removing the aluminium drawbar cover you slip this over the top of the drawbar and it is pinched into place using a strap underneath. This is an excellent idea but accuracy in cutting the U is on the greatest importance to ensure a snug and not sloppy fit.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

Visitors
5 Members and 32 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12517 topics and 105608 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 5