A 6 wheeled Citroën Ami.

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:17 am
by Randa france | 12.865 Posts

I hope Marcel ( Boulhaya) doesn't mind me sharing some interesting pictures he posted on Forumeribatouring in 2016.

I don't even know whether it'd be legal in the UK but it's a very interesting way of making more space for carrying awnings, bikes etc.

axle 04.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) A 1997 Eriba Eribette.

axle 01.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)axle 03.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)axle 02.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:20 am | Scroll up

RE: A 6 wheeled Citroën Ami.

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:17 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

I'd be very surprised if it were legal here rofl!

Betty, 1998 Triton 430 and Colin, a Renault Mégane.
Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:12 am
by Randa france | 12.865 Posts

Aw go on with you Islay, You Frenchies can get away with most anything.

Liberty Equality and Fraternity and all that. Un pour tous, tous pour un

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:13 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:48 am
by chataigne (deleted)

For me, not sure it would be legal here in France too. Even it is rigidly attached, I suppose the additional axle is still considered as a trailer, as it is not included in the original size of the vehicle, is has wheels ant is attached on the towing point. And in France, you cannot tow 2 trailers. Only circus convoys has the permit to do that when they move from one town to another.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:56 am
by Steve and Debbie | 1.072 Posts

I had one of these cars in the 80s. 6 wheels would be a good safety feature for when the wheels fall off. The build quality and rust was shocking.

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:59 pm
by highmiler | 367 Posts

This is an Ami Super with a GS 1015cc flat four engine, they were very quick, because the Ami was not a heavy car, only made between '73 and '76.
The ordinary Ami 6 and 8 were 2 cylinder 602cc engines, with slightly better carbs than the 2CV.
An Ami 6 was my first Citroen, I bought it for £55.00 and it seized up on the way home from purchase.But I towed it home and took off the front valance and wings, took out the engine and put new pistons and barrells and a new clutch, and it soldiered on.Very comfortable,very cheap to run and very rare then in the early seventies.All cars suffered with rust in those days.The Ami was a huge seller, I believe it was France's best small car seller between 1961 and 1976,it was made to a price, most of the panels were bolt on, and the chassis's did rust, but for the money the build quality was very good, and as long as they were serviced and oil changed regularly they could be driven flat out all day and still return 35-40mpg, not bad for a 600cc engine! I went on to have Ami 8's , 2Cv's, GS and DS and XM cars,I was a bit smitten with Citroens you could say! Now I am back to Volvo's.

Highmiler.Troll 530GT and Volvo V70 R AWD
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:25 pm
by chataigne (deleted)

Ami6 was the best selling car only in 1966. For the rest Renault 4, Peugeot 204, Simca 1100, renault 12 and renault 5 took the lead during 61-76

Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 32 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12516 topics and 105599 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2