Anyone else spot the Eriba on TV?

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:53 am
by Ellen | 31 Posts

I am a lover of the TV programme "A new life in the sun" on channel 4 at 4pm. Yesterday I spotted a little Eriba with the couple trying to get started with a new campsite in Portugal (I think) . Did anybody else spot it?

Randa france and like this post!
Scroll up

RE: Anyone else spot the Eriba on TV?

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:31 am
by Randa france | 12.864 Posts

Well spotted Ellen and what a "watchable" program. It's good to see a bit of sunshine although we don't envy any one of the families in this episode. Another episode at 4pm today and yesterday's is on "Catch Up". Harmless telly viewing. Had things worked out differently we would have moved to France 15 years ago

Here's the totally off grid campsite in Pedrógão Grande Portugal, which is only about 20 kms north of where Family Ramos have a home (Francisco, Lena and Ines) and where they treated us to a wonderful day out when we camped together in Tomar.

Here's the Eriba:- Francisco.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

and here's the campsite :- https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Eco+...8.1353545?hl=en

What was funny is the couple who are doing up a Cheese and Wine bar in the Dordogne didn't like the "murial" they found in an upstairs room.

We put the very same design on the living room wall of our house almost 40 years ago to startle/annoy the neighbours and guests. It remained there for decades until we finally painted over it in our old age

Murial.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Last edited Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:36 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:49 pm
by Ellen | 31 Posts

We just love the programme Roger and watch it every day before Mark leaves for work. Nothing gets done for the hour it's on as I find it pure escapism. That's amazing that you have been there but of no surprise as you amazing pair have been all over the place. I need to be in that Eriba with those views and warm sunshine, I can dream cant I! Keep well both of you . Xx

Randa france, SOULBLUESMAN68 and Crystal like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:06 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

They are the dappiest couple, though. They could do with a bit more elbow grease around the place.

Betty, 1998 Triton 430 and Colin, a Renault Mégane.
Randa france and Crystal like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:58 am
by Steve and Debbie | 1.072 Posts

I watched it on catch-up. I can only say politely that there's plenty of scope to build the business. The composting toilet with a huge drop underneath and a shower that should be warm come the summer did it for me.

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi
Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:51 am
by Randa france | 12.864 Posts

Yes, the toilet reminded me of the ones in medieval castles. If you get your timing wrong someone below will be in for shock

I think they bought with their hearts. £100,000 and no services whatever apart from running water that needs to be pumped. I imagine that several of the camping pods were already on site (incl. the Eriba and the Horse Box) but I think the campervan and trailer tent was their own but it was sheer madness to leave that trailer tent unopened for months in that environment.

All those ants...............

More today.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Ellen likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:45 pm
by Ellen | 31 Posts

Mark and me go thru the " if it was us we would..." when we watch the programme. I would have to scrub everything and definitely sort those toilets out. They remind me of some situations in Northern Thailand and Borneo that we have found ourselves in, pretty grim ending up with mozzie bites in unmentionable places.

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 21 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12516 topics and 105598 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3