Campervans

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:11 pm
by Randa france | 12.893 Posts

Contrary to popular belief, I do not hate all Campervans, in fact I used to own one, a 1964 Bedford CA with side lifting roof.

In a large country like the USA they make sense and if one like this one should come along I would covet it. Therefore, in order for me to show it to you I've opened this new thread to ask for any photos of pretty, pretty small, pretty large or pretty stupid campervans.

Here's my contribution.

A 1966 Corvait Ultra Van'

Campervan.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:13 pm | Scroll up

RE: Campervans

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:55 pm
by PooleDweller | 753 Posts

I might have expected to see this topic raised by Randa if we were suffering under a scorching hot tropical sunny sky but it's winter!

2015 Eriba Triton 430GT pushing a 2011 VW Golf Estate DSG 2L Diesel
eribanaut likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:58 am
by Sportique | 332 Posts

We owned this in the early 2000's - 1994 Renault Clio base vehicle professionally converted on a new chassis by Stimpson in Southampton - in theory 4 berths! but we were only 2. Included a two burner hob, wash basin onboard water tank, 240v hook-up and even a shower! but we didn't try that. It was essential to have a drive-away awning. But the whole thing worked very well - and when not camping it was a normal vehicle (almost).

IMGP1485 reduced.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Dave

Dave & Taka
Audi A3 2.0 TDi Sport closely linked to a 1994 Pan Duo T

Last edited Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:59 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:17 pm
by John Cross | 264 Posts

That's clever Sportique

Troll 540 Nissan Terrano 3.0 or LR Discovery 1 Fred and Diane
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:44 pm
by Sportique | 332 Posts

John,
yeah, Barry Stimson converted quite a few Clios, but there are very few left now. He also adapted/designed a number of other vehicles - the Mini is one I recall. Try googling him - I think he is still in the business - try googling for Stimson Mini Bug ..

Dave

Dave & Taka
Audi A3 2.0 TDi Sport closely linked to a 1994 Pan Duo T
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:07 pm
by Rickys Rav | 73 Posts

We had this left hand drive VW Westfalia California Exclusive until 2018 - It had turned into a money pit and we traded it in for a Troll 540 - No regrets yet!
042.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Troll 540GT pulled by Volvo XC60 D3 R-design AWD
Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:46 am
by Stevejoyce (deleted)

We had this lovely van for a while. We started with a standard Tranny van and had it part converted and supplied with a kit to build the inside which took about 2 weeks to complete. We let it go when we got a part fitted narrowboat which took about a year to complete (you can probably see a trend here)!
Although we still have the boat we want to be able to go to places other than on the canal so decided on trying an Eriba, going for a 420 which in many ways is similar to the camper in layout and facilities.

I think overall I preferred the camper but keeping ahead of the rust was a big issue and would have to spend an awul lot more money on something decent so the triton will do us nicely.

_IGP2823.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Triton 420 towed by a Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCi
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:55 am
by AlanC | 94 Posts

As you can see from our photo we have owned a VW T5.1 California for the last 7 years but found the lack of a loo an ongoing issue as we get older.
We currently use it to tow our Troll 530 which we bought in July last year. So far have used both, us in the Eriba and the grandchildren and their parents in the Cali.

The aim is to change the Cali for a tow car but keep putting it off as I like driving the van.

Alan

Liz and Alan
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:03 pm

Just planning how to fit some TV watching into my busy daily shedule and I noticed this tonight.

Channel 5 at 8pm. Million Pound M***homes, Wow, I can't wait.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:03 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:59 pm

Quote: Randa france wrote in post #9
Just planning how to fit some TV watching into my busy daily shedule and I noticed this tonight.
Channel 5 at 8pm. Million Pound M***homes, Wow, I can't wait.
Randa

Oh, what a great program. It lived up to all I thought it would, especially the bit where T 4 RTS and his quarter of a million van only stays at exclusive campsites where he can "mix with people of a similar social standing".
At that point our TV was in danger of exploding when the missus almost threw something at it.

The one thing we did notice. None of them had a built in umbrella stand like our 530, SO THERE !

Randa

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:45 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

I'm not as polite as you Roger. "Firkin obscene" as an Irish friend I had would say would be the most accurate summary.
There are a lot of happy motorhome owners out there who are "normal" folk and they will get thought of by the general public in the same light as that very small minority on which the program was based.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Last edited Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:02 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:26 am

Whilst I would like to agree with you Colin I can't as camping as we knew it. has gone, It used to be fun We've been "Campers" since the 50s and will always remain campers. Although we've enjoy and embrace many of the changes we cannot take on board the obvious snobbery and patronising attitude of many we encounter.

I give you this:-

Randa

FINNWOODY likes this post!
Last edited Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:44 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:46 am
by FINNWOODY | 137 Posts

I agree Roger.It took me two years to find and purchase the Eriba I wanted.On our first trip with it in Norfolk I was chatting to a guy who had a new double axle van pulled by a V6 VW Toureg.He asked me where our van was pitched and when I told him and he saw it he said "Everyone has to start somewhere!" Being quite proud of my little Eriba I was a bit miffed.Over many years of cycle camping, motorcycle camping and later using a car as transport I never came across that attitude.It's not happened a lot but it does happen - human nature?

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:01 pm
by Old Rocker | 496 Posts

On a CL near Penrith a family in a large white box saw us getting ready to hitch up, You've not got a motor mover on that little thing! rang across the campsite, it idoes weigh a tonne was my reply. Silence from the white box

Troll 530, Volvo XC60 2,4 R design

Don't ask me nothing about nothing, I might just tell you the truth
Randa france, FINNWOODY and PooleDweller like this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 69 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12543 topics and 105796 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3