WhatsApp

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:32 pm
by Randa france | 12.893 Posts

Whats app doc.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Serious question! WhatsApp? I think we've been successful in downloading it but what are the benefits of using it?

The reason for my question is that the lady who used to supply our badged clothing ("Shop One Stop" ) disappeared about 4 years ago. However, I've managed to phone here today and rather than a webpage she now does all her business on WhatsApp.

How does it work? Can we see her choice of garmente etc? I don't want to be clicking about to no end. The reason I still wish to promote her is that we paid for the embroidery design all that time ago and she had a large selection of garments on offer.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

RE: WhatsApp

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:53 pm
by campnsnooze | 1.148 Posts

It's free!! Wherever you are in the world as long as you can get WIFI. I find it so much easier than many of the platforms for sending pictures etc.Can share a picture on your phone or take one there and then and post to that person with some info. She could take a small video of whatever and send to you. You can then share. Can just text or do a live video call as in talking to the person face to face on it.

Chris

Randa france likes this post!
Last edited Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:55 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:50 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.123 Posts

Hi Randa

I am a bit of a Luddite and don't use Facebook or other social media. However my young wife has loaded WhatsApp onto my phone and I use it quite a lot for two things:

I can in touch with some old mates who do not live locally and we send all sorts of rubbish to each other including a lot of photos. These can be taken in WhatsApp itself or can be added as you would with email. one mate is very clever at added things to my photos such as circling things he wants to know more about. Also sadly a friend is extremely ill at the moment and we have been able to quickly share things about his treatment that his poor wife sends to one of us

The other thing is that I am the Fixtures Secretary of a large table tennis league and also the secretary of a local table tennis club. We have a WhatsApp for both so I can type a single message and it goes quickly to everyone's mobile for them to respond. So for example last week Table Tennis England sent out some guidance concerning re-starting play after Lockdown starts to be rolled back. In 5 minutes I was able to do a quick summary of the advice and get it to the 30+ players, along with a link to read the actual document.

I don't know much technically about it but it serves some purposes well for me.

Cheers
MikeT

Last edited Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:53 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:31 pm
by Randa france | 12.893 Posts

Thanks for the replies so far. However. I'm still confused

Can anyone explain how this would work for us and Shop One Stop now?.

What used to happen was:-
1) You'd go online and look through a brochure containing different styles of Polo Shirts, Tee Shirts, Fleeces etc and choose a make, colour and size.
2) By phone or Email you could contact the owner Kath and get a price and delivery before sending a cheque with order for the required amount.
3) The order would be confirmed by Email.
4) The garment would be selected by Kath and the Eribafolk badge would be embroidered on by Kath or her team and the goods would be posted on to you.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:57 pm
by sibillini | 236 Posts

In essence, Whatsapp is a posh text system and would replace your stages two and three. A key part of it is the groups facility which we use for the family and friends. You can also call or videocall people worldwide FoC.

Dunno why a business would go down this path though.

It was recently bought by Facebook who are starting to want to monetise their investment so not sure how long it will be free.

Charlie

2002 Eriba Troll 540 (Elsie) + Honda CRV 2.2 diesel
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:26 pm
by rs540 | 261 Posts

Quote: Randa france wrote in post #1

Serious question! WhatsApp? I think we've been successful in downloading it but what are the benefits of using it?

It is now the world's most popular messaging medium. You don't necessarily need WiFi, just a data connection on your phone. You can send documents as well as photos and movies, set up group chats and make free phone calls to anyone else around the world so long as they also have it installed.

Everything is end-to-end encrypted so you can even send some dodgy nudist camp photos of yourself to your mates while shaking it down with the "Eriba Sound" guy...

On second thoughts, maybe not...

Randa france, FINNWOODY and SOULBLUESMAN68 like this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
6 Members and 65 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12543 topics and 105796 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 6