battery replacement

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:03 pm
by rob.lilley (deleted)

Hi,

I replaced the battery on my 2005 Triton 430GT 4 years ago but I'm told this one is also on its way out and needs replacing. (it had a 3 year warranty)

The current battery is a GEL one and lives under one of the seats/bed.

I believe more modern caravans are designed to work with GEL batteries, mine isn't and a GEL battery actually might be doing more harm than good.

If I go for a cheap Wet battery, I believe a vent hole is needed in the floor. There isn't one now so I'd need to drill one.

I don't really want to drill a hole in the floor if I can help it and I don't understand why there isn't one now if the original one was a Wet battery,

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks

Rob

Scroll up

RE: battery replacement

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:51 am
by eribaMotters | 5.326 Posts

Rob,
it would be a good idea to sit down with a cuppa and use the search facility. You will find lots of advice on the battery. When you have made your decision get a price from https://www.plymouthbattery.co.uk/

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

RE: battery replacement

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:30 am
by Aaron Calder | 3.744 Posts

You may find this thread of interest, Rob. The horrors that lurk under the seat

We always camp on sites with ehu and only use the battery to power the motor mover. When our battery packed in while we were camping in France I could only obtain an ordinary lead-acid car battery at short notice but to date it has proved adequate for our limited needs.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 21 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105773 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4