Servicing

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:54 pm
by Old Rocker | 496 Posts

Just found out that we have a local, approved Service Workshop not 10miles from where we live.
We can't get a mobile engineer due to the slope of our drive,
We have in the past had our service undertaken by the lovely JohnE but sadly have decided it's a long way to travel, sorry John.
We have booked our 1st trip for early May the earliest we could get in was mid May we would have liked to have the service before we went.
Are there many out there intending to have their van serviced this year, due to the shortened season last year and relatively lack of use compared to a normal year, do people think it is necessary?

Troll 530, Volvo XC60 2,4 R design

Yesterday is just a memory, tomorrow's never what it's supposed to be
Scroll up

RE: Servicing

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:20 pm
by Captain Calamity | 349 Posts

We need the habitation check within 6 months of the date it is due which was proving tricky but JANDI (Scotland) to the rescue! They have agreed to carry out a service and habitation check early May just before we set off on our 14 week epic round Northumberland and Scotland.
It has been said before on this forum but JANDI are simply the best. Shame they are packing it in this summer.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:12 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.326 Posts

Michael, if your van is less than 6yrs old then get the service and water ingress test. If it is older then I would not say it is necessary. How many miles a year do you tow and how practical are you?
On previous van I had it stored on axle stands over winter. Each year I went underneath and did a visual check for any damage. Everything with grease on it was cleaned down and re-greased. I pulled the bung out of the back of the brake drums and checked pad thickness. Hitch indicator shows if pads are worn, lights can be checked and you will know if internal electrics are working or if anything has worked loose. A squirt of ptfe spray on window stays and cleaning of window rubbers is easy. Tyres also easy to check for wear and date of manufacture. I had a friendly plumber who went over the van to check for gas leaks. I was lucky and never came across any problems.
When my current van is out of warranty I will probably be towing about 4K miles a year so will have a service done every other year unless I spot something amiss.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Last edited Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:13 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:19 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.123 Posts

This is something that we are wrestling with at the moment as we have only had one outing to Angelsey since our last service.

We probably will as it is the last year of our 6 year water ingress warranty. Sods law would be if we didn't we would get a problem.

MikeT

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:22 pm

Colin

Do you know if Red Lion have started servicing yet?

Mike

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:51 pm

Mike,
My van was due in for service and water ingress test on March 1st. I believe it may have been the first they were to do. As you will have guessed this did not happen. They are not yet open and are not returning calls to reschedule.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:13 pm
by Captain Calamity | 349 Posts

I think Travel World Stafford are squeezing people in for habitation checks but are booked up for servicing.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:09 pm

Colin
That's not a great start for them with Eriba owners....................................

Mike

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:48 am

I think they are at the start of a very steep learning curve, which for an established business has surprised me. Whilst they have continued to advertise new in stock on e-bay, gumtree and own website they obviously have somebody in the office, but had failed to respond to e-mails.

Colin

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:12 am
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts

Email them with an enquiry to buy and ask them to call you back and see what happens. That will test emails and phone. 😁

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:19 am
by Randa france | 12.885 Posts

Not much help for you Mick as you've mentioned that you can't use a mobile service engineer.

We contacted ours yesterday and he is fully booked until 6th July and the next date after that is mid August.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:02 am

Further to my above post we have made the decision to have our Troll serviced again by a dealer.

I contacted ALV at Tebay this afternoon and had no problem booking in for the full monty in the middle of August.

This may be the last time......

MikeT

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:38 am
by Randa france | 12.885 Posts

Quote: SOULBLUESMAN68 wrote in post #12
Further to my above post we have made the decision to have our Troll serviced again by a dealer.

I contacted ALV at Tebay this afternoon and had no problem booking in for the full monty in the middle of August.

This may be the last time......

MikeT

Maybe the last time
I don't know, oh no, oh no
Last time baby
To say no more
Baby I don't know

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

FINNWOODY likes this post!
Last edited Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:38 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:08 am
by FINNWOODY | 137 Posts

I can see a Stones tribute band emerging from Eribafolk...But I think you are more suited to ZZ Top Roger - I can't think why...

Randa france, Rickys Rav and Frantone like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:14 am

You're showing our age there Roger...........................................can still get a vision of Jagger smashing his tambourine whilst doing his copy of James Brown & Jackie Wilson dance moves on Ready, Steady Go

Mike

FINNWOODY likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 35 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105773 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4