RE: Kampa Dometic Pop Air Pro 365

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:55 am
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

One thing I have forgotten to mention is my collection of 40mm thick oak and some 18mm thick plywood discs. I often use these to go under the vans corner steadies, table legs etc but have used them under the bottom of the air pole of first Kampa awning to get it to sit level. This improved the fit did make things look better. I think I had to link the ladder straps around the bottom to make them longer to get over the distance between awning bottom and the sloping ground.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Morphy and SOULBLUESMAN68 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:08 am
by Captain Calamity | 349 Posts

Two more hints (one has been mentioned before). 1. Attach a long (at least 4m) piece of cord to the end of the beading you intend to start threading - we use a plastic groundsheet clamp and a small karabiner. A standalone step of some kind makes a big difference to the person threading the beading in (that would be me). The other person simply pulls the awing beading along at a shallow angle.

Kampa also do a one-person fitting kit which involves a pulley so that the person threading can also pull the beading. I purchased one and tested it and it does work, if a bit of a faff. We now stick to the elevated position for the threader and trusty assistant pulling a long piece of string method.

The finished product still looks like a bag of spanners but complies with the "function over form" rule!

Capn C

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:00 am
by mr_underhill | 688 Posts

As I camp alone, I use an extending decorators pole to push the leading end along whilst I feed it into the channel. The pole is aluminium and because it can be collapsed, doesn't take up much room.

Tardis II , Eriba Puck 1990 pushing a Fiat 500 Colour Therapy, Twin Air Turbo.
One man and his dog.. retired 🐶
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:54 am
by Morphy | 966 Posts

Thank you all once again for the information as said it really does help anyone who has never had an air awning. Your replies have been very informative and will not only help me but anyone else along the way to buying an awning thank you all very much.
Steve (Morphy)

On the hunt for a Troll 540GT Silver Skoda Octavia Scout residing in sunny Lancashire.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:14 am
by Julie Grafo | 3.463 Posts

Hi Steve, we recently became the owners of one of these awnings. Only used it once due to COVID but also had a practice run at home with it. It is heavy to put up but it’s a great awning once it’s up, the biggest benefit we found was no constructing with poles, having them collapse half way through the build and risking damage to the van ( that may just be us and our lack of skills). The real positive is taking it down, it’s practically instant. Ours pulls out slightly, only an inch or so but I can’t see this is a real problem unless I’m missing something.
Off topic, we had an internal tank on our previous Eriba, back to the under sink container on this one. Perfectly happy with this set up but that’s us, each to their own.
Good luck in your search.

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:49 pm
by Morphy | 966 Posts

Cheers Julie & Neil thank you I do like the look and idea of the Kampa, just cant make our mind up on the internal external tank the strange thing is the external is more expensive.
Steve (Morphy)

On the hunt for a Troll 540GT Silver Skoda Octavia Scout residing in sunny Lancashire.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:40 pm
by Stevejoyce (deleted)

One part of the internal tank system I have yet to use is the external filler cap. I have never been near enough to a tap to warrant having a hose to fill up. Instead I just use a 10L water container with a tap. This sits on top of the tank and left to empty. Ok it takes about 4 trips to the tap to fill up but 10L isn't too heavy and walking is good exercise.

Triton 420 towed by a Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCi
Morphy likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:35 am
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.123 Posts

Hi Steve

Four photos of 365. Two show how well it looks when on hardstanding. The other two show the problem we had on a very up & down grass pitch

[[File:IMG-20180619-WA0000.jpeg|none|auto]]

[[File:IMG-20180815-WA0002.jpeg|none|auto]]

[[File:Kampa4.JPG|none|auto]]

The good, the bad and the ugly.....,,!

MikeT

[[File:Kampa5.JPG|none|auto]]

Last edited Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:36 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:36 am

Sorry doesn't seem to want to upload photos

MikeT

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:01 am
by GT runner | 291 Posts

Hi Steve, just to give you something else to consider. We have the Vango Hex air awing. It’s a brilliant bit of kit. Not a heavy as the Kampa and a lot more roomy. Very easy to put up - takes me about 20mins including pegging out. I will try and attach a picture. Anyway best of luck and fun sorting out your prefect awning. Robbie.

Attached pictures:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
 IMG_1229.jpeg 

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:04 am
by Morphy | 966 Posts

Thank for trying SOULBLUESMAN68 Steve

Last edited Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:05 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:06 am
by Morphy | 966 Posts

Thank you GTrunner once you start looking suppose you got to make your mind and go for it thank Steve

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:07 pm

Robbie - it looks great but can you get one without that large central pole....................?

MikeT

eribanaut likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 53 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105776 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2