VIN Number

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Tue May 04, 2021 7:49 pm
by Paul Downton (deleted)

Hi all ,and thanks for the add.

We just purchased Buster , our 84 Eriba Pan/Familia , he’s a bit tired round the edges but I have great plans for him!
I was wondering if anybody could help me with finding where the Chassis / VIN number is , I have had a look (in the rain!) but can’t find it , my insurance company assured me it should have a long number as most vehicles do but the plates only show short numbers, which one do they need ?

Thanks in advance.
Paul

Scroll up

RE: VIN Number

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Tue May 04, 2021 7:54 pm
by Randa france | 12.885 Posts

Hi Paul and welcome to Eribafolk.

This link will take you to a French forum page with lots of photos of VIN plates, normally found at the outside bottom alongside the door.
https://forumeribatouring.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=181
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Tue May 04, 2021 9:24 pm
by Paul Downton (deleted)

Thanks Randa, I thought that was the the correct number I quoted, the lady reckoned it should be a longer number.
I will check again tomorrow.
Thanks again.
Paul

Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Tue May 04, 2021 9:35 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.011 Posts

'The lady' will be basing her request based on current VIN number practice which wasn't established until 1981 in the USA and eventually became used internationally. Knowing the French antipathy to all things US I bet it took Cernay a long time to adopt the 17 digit international system. Your 1984 will have a unique Eriba system of numbering.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Wed May 05, 2021 10:15 am
by Randa france | 12.885 Posts

Zitat
Quote SDA:- Knowing the French antipathy to all things US I bet it took Cernay a long time to adopt the 17 digit international system. Your 1984 will have a unique Eriba system of numbering.

No, they were just saving up to purchase some additional number punches
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Steamdrivenandy likes this post!
Last edited Wed May 05, 2021 10:16 am | Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Wed May 05, 2021 10:33 am
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.011 Posts

Ze numberrs zey are not en Francais!!!!

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 22 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105771 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1