red key

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Sun May 09, 2021 10:36 am
by wally | 11 Posts

hi ive got a 540 just wondering what the red key does thanks

Scroll up

RE: red key

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Sun May 09, 2021 10:50 am
by JohnE (deleted)

If your 540 has a motor mover does the red key fit the mover's isolator switch?

Other than that suggestion it's difficult to say without seeing it, Wally.

Steamdrivenandy likes this post!
Last edited Sun May 09, 2021 10:57 am | Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Sun May 09, 2021 1:15 pm
by wally | 11 Posts

thanks it was for the mover

Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Sun May 09, 2021 1:54 pm
by Randa france | 12.885 Posts

How to use the big red key:-

Red Key.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
John Cross, highmiler and SOULBLUESMAN68 like this post!
Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Mon May 10, 2021 5:59 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.123 Posts

Hi Wally Randa's is a good tip, if an expensive one.

We did a daft thing with our red key for the motor mover which could have been expensive but thankfully wasn't.

We normally put the key in the mechanism when the van is on its steadies or when it is attached to the tow bar.

Once though when we were tired after delays on our journey home I unhooked the Troll off the car before Kath had put the key in. She eagerly jumped in the van to put the motor mover key in and the front ended dropped and bottomed on the road with a bang. My fault as I hadn't tightened the jockey wheel enough in its holder. Fortunately it didn't break anything.

This is now one of our golden rules. Don't clamber inside to insert the key unless we are still hooked up or on the steadies.

Hopefully you are not as daft (and tired) as I was.

MikeT

Magpie likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 32 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105771 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2