Any caravan engineer recommendations? Mid-Wales

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:34 am
by Greenfingers (deleted)

Hi, I want to undertake a pre-purchase inspection on an Eriba I want to buy. Does anyone have recommendations for mobile caravan engineers in the mid-wales area? I would normally look over the border as well, but restrictions. Thanks. BTW I have already checked the section on services, repairs etc on this forum.

Scroll up

RE: Any caravan engineer recommendations? Mid-Wales

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:41 am
by Randa france | 12.875 Posts

Hmm. A difficult one then with the lockdowns. As the Welsh lockdown ends next Monday what will be the situation regarding someone from England crossing the border as I suppose travelling would be essential to his/her work?
My immediate thoughts go towards JohnE of this Parish who works out of Chester.
Randa

A bit of a throw away comment but humourously relative in these times but did you know that Chester Football Club is built on the border so they've not been able to use the ground as the toilet end is in Wales

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Julie Grafo, FINNWOODY and scouteralf like this post!
Last edited Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:44 am | Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:30 pm
by John Cross | 263 Posts

I would 2nd John E, he really knows his way around these vans and is worth travelling the distance

Troll 540
Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:13 pm
by Greenfingers (deleted)

Thanks, when I buy I will go to him! I have written and asked if he knows anyone in mid wales.

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Wed May 12, 2021 6:25 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.609 Posts

Quote: Randa france wrote in post #2

A bit of a throw away comment but humourously relative in these times but did you know that Chester Football Club is built on the border so they've not been able to use the ground as the toilet end is in Wales

Don't venture into Chester when the sun goes down Roger, There is an old medieval law that says "Any Chester resident may shoot a Welshman with a longbow if he loiters within the city walls after sunset"....

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Wed May 12, 2021 6:35 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.460 Posts

First, find your longbow then you can go looking for loitering Welshmen. I’m not sure this is a sensible activity to undertake of an evening 😂

Or is it that Welshmen with longbows may be shot by loitering Chester residents? It’s open to interpretation 😁

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+

Poptop320 likes this post!
Last edited Wed May 12, 2021 6:37 pm | Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Wed May 12, 2021 6:41 pm

Quote: Poptop320 wrote in post #5

Don't venture into Chester when the sun goes down Roger, There is an old medieval law that says "Any Chester resident may shoot a Welshman with a longbow if he loiters within the city walls after sunset"....

No worries there then John for the English Army coudn't find anyone who could draw a longbow and have relied on Welsh bowmen for centuries.
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Poptop320 and FINNWOODY like this post!
Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Wed May 12, 2021 7:06 pm
by scouteralf | 114 Posts

Welsh men cannot use longbows there too small

troll 530GT pushing Kia sportage awd
Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Wed May 12, 2021 7:55 pm

That's not what the History books say Alf and a longbow is described as being the length of a man so there were probably longlongbows and shortlongbows and that's not including the averagelong bows. Same goes for the arrows

(I wonder if there were any telescopiclengthlongbows?)

Randa

Steve and Debbie likes this post!
Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Wed May 12, 2021 8:48 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.609 Posts

Quote: Randa france wrote in post #9
That's not what the History books say Alf and a longbow is described as being the length of a man so there were probably longlongbows and shortlongbows and that's not including the averagelong bows. Same goes for the arrows
(I wonder if there were any telescopiclengthlongbows?)
Randa

It's a good job they didn't make them the same size as me, they would only have a range of 30 feet...

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Randa france and FINNWOODY like this post!
Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Wed May 12, 2021 8:58 pm

Yes but you'd also be a smaller target to aim back at
R

FINNWOODY and Poptop320 like this post!
Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Wed May 12, 2021 9:18 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.004 Posts

If you Google it there was the Welsh mini bow, the Puck small bow, the well known Familia bow, the Triton three arrow bow, the Trolling about bow and the Odin bend in the middle long bow.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 50 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12526 topics and 105683 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3