curtains

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Wed May 12, 2021 4:10 pm
by Shady Pines | 62 Posts

Mrs Shady is making new curtains for the Troll ,I don't like just the blinds they seem to let in to much light Any thoughts on doing this , where is a place to get some curtain hooks?

Scroll up

RE: curtains

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Wed May 12, 2021 4:28 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.004 Posts

I think you'll find the light comes in via the canvas and the way to stop that is to drop the top overnight. Then careful when you get up in the morning.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Wed May 12, 2021 4:33 pm

This is Mrs Shady, I wish it were that simple that is not where the light is coming from that Mr Shady is objecting to. On our old Troll the curtains came right accross the windows, on the new Troll they have cut costs and the cutains are just a strip at the sides and therefore have only a couple of hooks. Making full curtains is no problem, the problem is getting hooks that fit the rails!

Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Wed May 12, 2021 4:44 pm
by rs540 | 261 Posts
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Quote: Shady Pines wrote in post #3
This is Mrs Shady, I wish it were that simple that is not where the light is coming from that Mr Shady is objecting to. On our old Troll the curtains came right accross the windows, on the new Troll they have cut costs and the cutains are just a strip at the sides and therefore have only a couple of hooks. Making full curtains is no problem, the problem is getting hooks that fit the rails!

Not cheap, ouch!!!

Werbung: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HYMER-ERIBA-M...=item2aeae82454

The following contents have been linked to this post:

Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Wed May 12, 2021 5:29 pm

Mmmmmm

Well they say they're very common, so you'd think you could get them for less than a quid each.

Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Wed May 12, 2021 6:03 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.116 Posts

Yes ouch that is a bit pricey but if Mrs Shady wants them..................................

Got to admit ours is a newer Troll and never did quite understand why the curtains didn't really act as curtains

Please keep us informed of progress

MikeT

Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Wed May 12, 2021 7:10 pm

It's funny about curtains. Half the owners seem to take both curtains and nets right out, which to my mind creates a very bare, inside a cigar tube look. Seems cold and austere. With them in place the inside feels warm and cosy and though we never have nets at home they create a lovely ambience in the Eriba and a sense of privacy too.
And then there's Mrs Shady making even bigger curtains.
I guess it's each to their own.
Weirdly we've had newish Lunar and Bailey vans in recent years and they don't do nets at all, but the curtains were full proper closing jobs, though we rarely actually closed them because of all the tie backs with 12 individual curtains to fasten.

Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Wed May 12, 2021 7:14 pm
by Stevejoyce (deleted)

If you have a shower curtain that you don't use, you could probably take the hooks/runners from that.

Triton 420 towed by a Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCi
Steamdrivenandy and Shady Pines like this post!
Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Wed May 12, 2021 7:22 pm
by Stevejoyce (deleted)

Triton 420 towed by a Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCi
Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Wed May 12, 2021 9:14 pm

Thanks that last lot are very near but not quite there. Mrs Shady

Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Thu May 13, 2021 7:52 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

I got mine from a caravan supply place - they don't look like those, though. I got rid of the nets - can't stand not being able to see out properly. Also, the horrid yellow curtains made my eyes bleed and didn't close so I made proper, pretty ones.IMG_20160205_145941.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Betty, 1998 Triton 430 and Colin, a Renault Mégane.
and SOULBLUESMAN68 like this post!
Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Thu May 13, 2021 8:06 am

If, on a site with a nice view then I'd agree, but the nets can be pushed to one side. Looking out on a car, a bike or bikes, the caravans on the next pitches, or opposite and their camping detritus, doesn't count as nice views in my mind. Then, having nets, they can be left obscuring the outside and emphasising the cosy interior.

John Cross likes this post!
Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Thu May 13, 2021 10:52 pm
by John Cross | 263 Posts

This is the first van we have had with nets and must say that I like them.

Troll 540 LR Discovery 1 Fred and Diane
Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Thu May 13, 2021 10:54 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.313 Posts

It's great that we all differ. Now on our 4th Eriba the first thing I have done with each once home is remove the nets and elastic cord.
The second thing has been the stickers on the back of the wardrobe door.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Last edited Fri May 14, 2021 8:24 am | Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Thu May 13, 2021 11:02 pm

The stickers don't bother me and I just think they may help a newbie if they get the van in future.

Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 24 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12526 topics and 105683 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2