RE: curtains

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Thu May 13, 2021 11:03 pm
by JohnE (deleted)

Quote: eribaMotters wrote in post #14
The second thing has been the stickers on the back of the wardrobe door.
You should never remove the stickers, Colin - it's no wonder doors keep falling off

Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Thu May 13, 2021 11:09 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts

In 20 years time those stickers will be worth £20

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi

Last edited Thu May 13, 2021 11:10 pm | Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Fri May 14, 2021 7:56 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

Steamdrivenandy why would you pitch your caravan in such a horrid place?

Betty, 1998 Triton 430 and Colin, a Renault Mégane.
Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Fri May 14, 2021 8:16 am
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.004 Posts

Quote: Islay Corbel wrote in post #18
Steamdrivenandy why would you pitch your caravan in such a horrid place?

You don't always know what a place is like before getting there. Plus many owners peer out the front, or back of their vans through bike racks and bikes fixed to them and their car is parked in front or in the view to the side. Lots of sites have pitches on opposite sides of an access road. Many sites have a narrow strip of grass between pitches, some not even that. None of those things are worth looking out on. Too many sites are wastelands with no thought at all to landscaping. Caravan car parks

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Sat May 15, 2021 8:24 am

Steamdrivenandy, when you get your lovely new eriba come over here. It's true what you say - I'm always a bit shocked at the lack of privacy and greenery on English campsites.

eribanaut and like this post!
Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Sat May 15, 2021 9:53 am

Je n'ai pas de passeport.

Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Sat May 15, 2021 2:54 pm

OOOO that sounds painful!

Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Sat May 15, 2021 3:56 pm
by Shady Pines | 62 Posts

Hooray at last I have found what I needed, the gliders and hooks from a 1998 Swift Suntor Motorhome. Just need the right material and my sewing machine will be working overtime.

Thanks for all the suggestions Mrs Shady.

Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Sat May 15, 2021 4:03 pm

Do the motorhome owners know you've pinched them?

Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Sun May 16, 2021 7:05 pm
by Eribee (deleted)

Mr Shady, I made curtains for our Triton and made them traditional way with blackout linings, it was pretty successful but if I were doing it again I would make a couple of changes.

One - be careful h ow thick your curtain material is because with lining fitted as well it can all get a bit bulky fitting it up under the pelmet.
Two - I would sew the blackout lining edge to edge across the whole curtain so that when you pull the two curtains together there is not a strip in the middle with no blackout and the light peeps through the thinner layer of just the curtain turned in edges
Hope that makes sense, maybe a bit technical for you and Mrs S will know what I mean

and Shady Pines like this post!
Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Mon May 17, 2021 7:16 am

Does your van have the blackout blinds? You may not need linings.

Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Mon May 17, 2021 9:07 pm
by Eribee (deleted)

Good point, I should have thought of that!!!!

Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 36 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12526 topics and 105683 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3