Underfloor Paint

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 06, 2021 8:47 pm
by Threeberries3 (deleted)

As I'm sure most of you know the cost of having the yearly service can be well, a shock and to add to that if you have a newer Touring Hymer charge another chunk on top for the warranty check. Now, my Eriba 542 was made in 2016 so is around the end of warranty, Each year I get charged for slopping some black paint on various bits of the underfloor, as part of the warranty, I'm told. I have my van serviced at Lowdhams, Nottingham under a service plan and I know this is going open up another can of worms as I've read some comments about Lowdhams. I didn't buy from them but AL, now Leisure First. Anyway my point, I read somewhere, I thought it was Eribafolk but can't find any reference to it now, that Zinnser All Coat Exterior Paint in black was good for painting on the underside of the floor. I've read the product data and it sounds ideal as it is self priming, microporous, so lets the wood breathe and is very durable, scrubbable in fact and coats anything. It's £20 for 1 litre from Screwfix so obtainable. I may well cancel my contract with Lowdhams soon and source another more cost effective service and use Zinnser on the underside of the floor. Any thoughts?

Colin
Eriba 542 behind a AWD Renault Kadjar
Scroll up

RE: Underfloor Paint

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 06, 2021 10:06 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.611 Posts

I have my van services at Lowdhams in Huddersfield, to be honest I have never had any issues with them. My 2015 Familia is coming up this year for its last warranty service. On its 4th service they found damp in the locker door and changed it out on its 5th visit.
When I picked it up they had left in a tin of the elusive underfloor treatment, other than a Hymer dealer I wouldn't know where to buy it from, maybe John England the service engineer may know what can be used..

PXL_20210506_205523346.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 06, 2021 10:27 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.326 Posts

I have seen this occasionally for sale on e-bay through one on the Hymer Motorhome dealers.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Poptop320 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat May 08, 2021 10:35 am
by campnsnooze | 1.148 Posts

Previously, someone had suggested this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dekalin-Dekapho...072M4FHLP&psc=1

Poptop320 likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 25 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105773 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2