Under-bed storage height

in Anything Eriba-related Sun May 09, 2021 6:18 pm
by j8ke (deleted)

Hi all,

We've finally got a hand-over date for our Triton 430 60th Edition, 7 weeks later than schedule! We've gone for a fixed bed configuration and was wondering what the height of the under-bed storage area is - my wife wants to get some boxes/organisers for the 10 pairs of shoes she wants to take on our first weekend out at the end of May (OK I exaggerated a little, but I'm not far off)! Can someone advise what the measurement is between the floor and the slats/frame of the bed? Also, in terms of width and depth, am I correct in assuming that most of bed footprint is available for storage?

Cheers, John

Last edited Sun May 09, 2021 6:24 pm | Scroll up

RE: Under-bed storage height

in Anything Eriba-related Sun May 09, 2021 6:24 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.011 Posts

Only 10 pairs?

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

and eribanaut like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun May 09, 2021 8:50 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.326 Posts

John,
you have about 500mm to the underside of the slats, but there is a central bed rail supported on a leg. The rear 1/3rd of the floor also slopes upwards and you have to contend with the battery and possibly an electric Truma water heater.
I would be tempted not to use plastic boxes but nice thick bags for life as they would give greater flexibility.
When abroad/on long trip we usually have two stacker boxes in the awning, one for a few pairs of shoes each and another for veg and bottles of water

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun May 09, 2021 9:37 pm
by j8ke (deleted)

Thanks Colin, perfect!

Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 53 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105773 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3