RE: Isabella Shadow 360 modified to fit.

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:24 pm
by Randa france | 12.875 Posts

Isabella Logia Sun Canopy v Isabella Shadow 360

More pros and cons.

The Isabella 360 Sun Canopy. https://www.isabella.net/uk/sun-canopies/details/shadow-360

Note that all 3 vertical poles are 2 piece telescopic so unless we still use our existing washing line prop pole in the centre which does extend to over 2 metres then there is no possibility of pitching the roof from centre to corners as per the Loggia

The 2 metre depth of the Shadow can sometimes be a tight fit on some emplacements as the guy ropes to the front extend forward by preferrably about 600/800mm making the overall depth from side of Eriba 2600/2800mm.
As the Logia is a full 2.7 metres deep and has the same guy rope fixings and tensions as the Shadow then the Logia will be even tighter with an overall depth from side of Eriba of 3300/3500mm

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:50 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.313 Posts

I seem to recall pole extension for the bottom is available, but cannot find it on the Isabella website. I'm sure if you spent a hour or so it could be found.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:08 pm

Or 5 minutes and a block of wood

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
scouteralf likes this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:35 pm
by Ronnie | 68 Posts

7C79FCE5-CCE1-4BC2-BDDB-3FF44927478D.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

I’ve never tried fully extending the poles, the centre one is also slightly thicker than the outer two. In good weather I keep the poles fairly straight but if it’s blustery and raining I like to drop the ends and angle the poles in to give extra strength and support. I also put a rock peg on each pole foot for additional support when it’s windy. This basically is what the instructions say to do on my old Dewaard tent with it’s canopy and that’s always been solid.
Colin, the roof pole attaches to the van with an Isabella fixon clamp.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:02 pm

Thanks Ronnie. It looks like the awning would not be an option on the white stucco vans as I think the fixon clamp needs a smooth surface to work on.
Roger, I believe the outer two poles are as supplied with the Shadow and are 1.9m high, so about the same height as the awning rail.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:02 pm

Isabella Fixon Clamp

Some great information here. Thanks Ronnie Any more pics of the bracket please?

https://bigwhitebox.co.uk/product/isabel...L0aAspFEALw_wcB

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:35 pm
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

That looks interesting. I thought it would work on suction to the van side but it also looks like it will clip around the awning chord and the Isabella has a double chord.
I reckon I could use that instead of the wooden mount I've made up to locate the pin end of my Fiamma rafter pole in when suporting the roof of my small air awning.
With postage I think this place is cheaper:- Werbung: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254263744860?...ogkAAOSwMutdA5e-

Colin

The following contents have been linked to this post:

Last edited Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:41 pm | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:48 pm
by Ronnie | 68 Posts

D3E480AE-4A28-4BB3-A984-1A151C95D0E6.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

The bracket has 2 soft rubber removable feet where it touches the van. I presume this is to adjust for different awning rail profiles which is where the bracket sits. Next trip away is at the end of the month and I’m going to see if another roof pole might work to attach a side panel.

eribaMotters and Randa france like this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:50 pm
by GT runner | 291 Posts

Hi Randa, Ronnie has shown me the light and I am going to sell my (nearly new) Shadow (3m) and buy the Loggia. For me the extra depth is useful, but the game changer is the peaked front and centre rafter pole. With this set up you don’t have to camp with one eye on the weather. If the sun turns to rain then the Loggia will deal with it. With the Shadow there is always the bulging rain pool to deal with, which leaves a swamp just in front of the canopy. Also with the 3 poles and 7 guy ropes it will stand up to a blustery night must better than the Shadow.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:11 am

I'm thinking from another direction Ronnie. I'll sketch something up later today.
Randa

Ronnie likes this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:46 pm

So, after a busy week or so involved in other things, we have again turned our attention to the Isabella Sunshade and have decided to go for the Isabella Shadow 360.

My biggest concern with the Loggia is the 2.7 metre depth. In the past we have had quite a few campsites where the 2.0 metre deep Shadow has been a tight fit when the guy ropes are stretched out. Also the Length is only 3.0 metres.

So, for better or for worse, we have ordered another Shadow but this time we have gone for a 3.6 metre length one. Having looked at our exisiting Shadow and some awning bead we have in stock, we are confident that we can make it fit by cutting back the bead as required but leaving the fabric 3.6 long.

To compensate for the lack of depth we have looked again at the mesh sunshade that Isabella offer as an extra on the Shadow and are going to fashion one out of the same waterproof material that sunshades use for the roof. This will be fixed through the 3 vertical poles (and under the Isabella roof fabric) and will be tied to the exisiting guy ropes. We are thinking of about 600mm showing. Easy to remove if not necessary.

Shadow front net.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Shadow front net.

front extension.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Our idea.

Has anyone tried to clean their Isabella roof sheet. It didn't work for us.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Terryc likes this post!
Last edited Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:38 am | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:45 pm

So the 3.6 long Shadow has been delivered free within 24 hours. That's good. Wrong address:- Not so good.

Anyway, all sorted but upon examination it was my feeling that the shade material was not as heavy as it was 5 years ago when we bought our first one. To touch it, it feels less robust but upon weighing both canopies and taking into consideration the additional length, they weigh about the same.

Also they are supposed to be waterproof and I quote:- "Shadow Sun Canopy canvas is made of the revolutionary IsaLite 195g/m² which is as breathable as it is waterproof. It is also remarkably light - making it perfect for touring and facilitating the set-up."

It's probably me suffering after a hectic and stressful week. We will only find out when we come to use it in a few months time.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:37 pm
by Ronnie | 68 Posts

Still making use of the expensive pitch. In the Lakes with the Loggia canopy up, survived Malik and now Corries about to start! I new it was coming so the side of the van is taking the brunt of the wind, extra guy ropes fully extended. I’ve noticed the Outer poles do have the click in system so outer roof poles could be fitted and sides made.

SOULBLUESMAN68 and Randa france like this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:27 am
by Morphy | 966 Posts

After long consideration with the shadow 360 v Logia we took the decision to go for the Logia. In fact the Logia has been delivered. I might say to the correct address but it took a lot longer than the 24 hours Roger waited in fact it took more than a couple of weeks.

Looking forward to getting out there and putting it up. Morphy

New Troll 540GT on the way Silver Skoda Octavia Scout residing in sunny Lancashire.
Randa france and Terryc like this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 47 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12526 topics and 105684 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1