Air awning

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon May 17, 2021 1:44 pm
by Magpie | 672 Posts

Has anyone tried one of these? Dometic club air pro DTK 261 D 61 (sorry don't know how to add link). Seems expensive but looks good. Would it fit?

Scroll up

RE: Air awning

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon May 17, 2021 3:48 pm
by JefL | 95 Posts

With a minimum connection height of 2.35m I suspect not, even the later vans only have a connection height of 1.98m.

Jef
Freelander 2 and Big Ben, the 410
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon May 17, 2021 6:38 pm
by Magpie | 672 Posts

The one I looked at was for something like a VW camper with rail height between 180 and 225 cm.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon May 17, 2021 7:26 pm
by Randa france | 12.864 Posts

Quote: Magpie wrote in post #1
Has anyone tried one of these? Dometic club air pro DTK 261 D 61 (sorry don't know how to add link). Seems expensive but looks good. Would it fit?

Here you go:- https://www.towsure.com/dometic-club-air...7BoCBIsQAvD_BwE

Blimey, the price is so heavy i could hardly lift the link

Vehicle connection height: 185cm - 225cm

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Magpie likes this post!
Last edited Mon May 17, 2021 7:27 pm | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon May 17, 2021 7:48 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.298 Posts

Seems strange to me. An Air awning that is designed to look like a frame awning with the disadvantage of lost space on a connection tunnel and a high price. I'm sure it would suit somebody, but not me.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
monoboard and Poptop320 like this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon May 17, 2021 8:38 pm
by monoboard | 350 Posts

Looks quite a lot of bulk for simple eriba. Do wish someone would make decent quality relatively simple eriba awning but possibly better than the vango lightest stuff.
But something that can cope with uneven ground to some degree, possibly with carbon poles that can adjust. For the amount of eribas out there there has to be a market for a manufacturer !!

Magpie likes this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon May 17, 2021 11:54 pm
by GT runner | 291 Posts

Have you seen these ? Vango AirHub Hexaway (low). We have one and we thinks it’s brilliant. Takes about 20mins to set up. Lots of space for us and the dog + kit inside. Light and airy and seams to withstand any storm. We’ve even had a Jolax carpet made to fit. Here is a link:

https://www.vango.co.uk/gb/awnings/153-a...way-ii-low.html

monoboard likes this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon May 17, 2021 11:59 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.110 Posts

Hi Monoboard

I said something like that to the Outwell salesman at the NEC about four years ago (I felt that I knew him as I had watched him in so many Outwell videos)

Remembering that at the time they were just expanding from their great tents into awnings I tried to persuade him of the possibilities of the Eriba market in the UK (they were a Danish Co) but his response was that it was a tiny market in comparison to that for other vans. He thought it very unlikely that they would make one to fit the lower Eribas.

They now do a range of awnings for campervans and it might be that these fit our Eribas but I bet that they are not cheap...........

MikeT

monoboard likes this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue May 18, 2021 7:36 am
by Steamdrivenandy | 995 Posts

Look around an average caravan site and you'll see say 70 WWB's and 30 motorhomes/campers but no Eriba Touring/Feeling vans. That's the sorts of market proportions we're talking about. In that scenario you may see one Eriba, occasionally. We stayed on one 50 pitch site for two years in a WWB, though not all the time and we didn't see an Eriba on site once.

I also think the campervan market is way, way oversubscribed with awnings, but they keep rolling them out.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

SOULBLUESMAN68 and monoboard like this post!
Last edited Tue May 18, 2021 7:37 am | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat May 22, 2021 12:26 pm
by Just_Chilin (deleted)

On the corfe castle site this last week there were no less than 6 Eriba’s on site at the same time:)

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat May 22, 2021 7:47 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.298 Posts

I thought the site at Corfe castle was small campervans, tent, no motorhomes, no caravans, due to access issues. Can you add a website link please.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat May 22, 2021 9:27 pm
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 150 Tdi DSG Troll 552 - 2005
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey.
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat May 22, 2021 10:15 pm
by Just_Chilin (deleted)

Toilets and showers open

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 18 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12515 topics and 105593 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0