Le Creuset Pans

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu May 27, 2021 4:48 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

Had a nice surprise today as a set of new Le Creuset pans arrived. We have quite lot of this cookware both stoneware and the enamel pans. We have a set of pans which we bought approximately 30 years ago when we lived in East Sussex.
We noticed however that the inner enamel started to get holes appearing in the base of all three pans. One pan had only one small hole whereas the other two were more affected.
We have always used non metal implements to stir and serve food so did not know how this had occurred.
Bearing in mind the timescale from when we purchased them and not having original bill of sale did not hold out much hope of Le Creuset doing anything about it.
However I sent an email to Le Creuset UK explaining the problem and inquiring if they could be re-enamelled. They replied with a case number asking for photos of the pans showing the damage, where they where purchased from etc.
I sent back the information requested and waited. Chased them after two weeks and got a reply about Covid blah blah but that they had examined the photos and would be sending replacement set although not same colour as discontinued and with iron handles instead of the original wood.
So we 3 new pans FOC from Le Creuset to the value of £529.00 Result..
Anyone requiring photos I can supply for a reasonable fee
Thank You Le Creuset Excellent customer service.

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
scouteralf likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: Le Creuset Pans

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu May 27, 2021 5:01 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.321 Posts

What a result Mike, well done. That out "Top Trumps" my Remoska story where I got a £110 refund on a £20 Gumtree purchase. I then went on to get a brand new one in the sales for £100.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu May 27, 2021 6:17 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.007 Posts

At £529 for a set of three saucepans I'd want them to last three lifetimes at least.
https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/303280739

We like these:
https://www.netherton-foundry.co.uk/shop/iron-saucepans

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu May 27, 2021 7:47 pm

Quote: Steamdrivenandy wrote in post #3
At £529 for a set of three saucepans I'd want them to last three lifetimes at least.
https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/303280739

We like these:
https://www.netherton-foundry.co.uk/shop/iron-saucepans

Must apologise as mistakenly inflated the RRP they are only £525 for 3.

Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu May 27, 2021 8:18 pm
by Stevejoyce (deleted)

You hear so much whinging (usually deserved) about poor customer service that it is very refreshing when some companies excel. Well done LeCreuset. I would like to add Tilley (as in Tilley hats) and Cole & Mason to this list. Both of these have honored their lifetime warranties without any difficulty. Cole & Mason in particular have far exceeded our initial expenditure on a broken pepper mill, by replacing it with a Salt and Pepper set from their fairly expensive range. Best of all we didn't even expect a replacement, as we just enquired where we could get a new plastic bit in the lid which fell to bits.
Again with Tilley, we didn't really expect a replacement, but enquired if they still did a particular style. They asked for photos of the damage, then asked us to select a replacement, which arrive a few days later.

Triton 420 towed by a Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCi
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu May 27, 2021 8:53 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.461 Posts

I wonder if Le Creuset would have replaced one of our pans. Many years ago eldest daughter, then in her teens, home alone, decided to warm some soup in the pan. Despite it being cast IRON and far too big she put it in the microwave. Result, one ruined pan and one ruined microwave. Her comment was “How was I supposed to know”. Never thought to ask for a replacement pan, I was too busy wondering where I could trade in a teenager!

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Markeriba, cabbie37, Eribanut, Doonhamer and Magpie like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu May 27, 2021 9:43 pm

Good to hear Tilleys live up to their promises. I've a summer Tilley that's seen better days, but I also run one of their winter hats. The winter one is an absolutely brilliant design, made of much thicker material with pull down flaps that are shaped to cover your ears and another flap to cover your forehead. When it's bone cold and blowing hard it's really cosy. Though you can get some strange looks but who cares as long as you're warm.

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu May 27, 2021 10:01 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts

I have found the Ikea frying pan exceptional quality.

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi
Markeriba likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri May 28, 2021 12:09 am
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.120 Posts

It's great to hear of Le Creuset replacing Eribanaut's pans after all this time - some customer service.

We got a lovely set in brown for a wedding present a lifetime ago, as they were all the rage and looked cool. However we didn't have them too long as we were too wimpy to lift the pans off the stove full of cooking liquid. We both played raquet sports to a decent level and they were doing serious damage to our wrists.......................................we were obviously Northern softies, and ended up giving them to the local Oxfam shop.

Hats off to all Eriba musclemen & women who have the strength to cope with them

Mike "the wimp" T

Eribanut likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri May 28, 2021 7:29 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

Result! It is good to hear that they look after their long term customers. I just can't lift the stuff.

Betty, 1998 Triton 430 and Colin, a Renault Mégane.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri May 28, 2021 7:36 am

Quote: SOULBLUESMAN68 wrote in post #9
It's great to hear of Le Creuset replacing Eribanaut's pans after all this time - some customer service.

We got a lovely set in brown for a wedding present a lifetime ago, as they were all the rage and looked cool. However we didn't have them too long as we were too wimpy to lift the pans off the stove full of cooking liquid. We both played raquet sports to a decent level and they were doing serious damage to our wrists.......................................we were obviously Northern softies, and ended up giving them to the local Oxfam shop.

Mike "the wimp" T

Mrs SDA won't countenance Le Crueset for the same reason Mike, she has always feared her wrists have never been strong enough to cope with the weight. We were given a different French brand cast iron casserole dish when we married in '76 and it is a treasured possession, but she is able to use two hands to lift it, which is OK.

SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri May 28, 2021 12:34 pm

Quote: Steamdrivenandy wrote in post #11
Quote: SOULBLUESMAN68 wrote in post #9

Mike "the wimp" T

Mrs SDA won't countenance Le Crueset for the same reason Mike, she has always feared her wrists have never been strong enough to cope with the weight. We were given a different French brand cast iron casserole dish when we married in '76 and it is a treasured possession, but she is able to use two hands to lift it, which is OK.

The original pans had just the wooden handle but the replacements have design change so you can lift with both hands. Mrs Nut was having problems with old pans due to arthritis in the wrists but these will be easier.to use.

Tempus fugit; carpe diem
SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 45 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12536 topics and 105738 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0