Vango Siesta Low

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun May 30, 2021 12:59 pm
by Magpie | 672 Posts

I know this has been mentioned in connection with other awning but I'm wondering if anyone has used one of these on a post 2010 van (or the equivalent Elwood)? Is it high enough and does the door catch on the roof when opened. We're looking for a very simple, quick porch type awning for a 2 to 3 night's set up when it's cold and wet! (Any storm straps?) And how does it stand up to wind and weather, please.

Scroll up

RE: Vango Siesta Low

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:43 am
by Biljul | 51 Posts

We use a Siesta low air awning on a 2017 420. It does catch the door but the door is pretty much fully open when it does, so not really a problem. The Vango is almost as big inside as the Kampa Pop air pro which we use for longer stays (+wk) and is a heck of a lot easier to put up as the weight is much less. We have had a few Vango awnings / sun canopies and they do suffer from UV degradation after a couple of seasons so the fabric goes brittle and splits. This is probably made worse in our case as we usually spend a few weeks in the Sunny? Alps. Water tends to run off the Vango but can puddle in places on the roof depending on the pitch. The fit to the side of the caravan is not as good as the Kampa so some extra ventilation occurs here. It can also rub on the window and cause some scratching if pressed too tightly to the side. Storm straps were included with ours but we have not needed them yet. It survives moderate wind and wet very well and we are very pleased with it. It is about a third the size of the Kampa when packed up so takes up a lot less space. All awnings are a compromise in my view and we have currently three ( we also have a Vango sun canopy) so we choose "horses for courses".

Triton 420GT and Kia Sportage 2.0 Diesel.
eribaMotters, monoboard and Magpie like this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:04 pm
by Magpie | 672 Posts

Thank you for your very full reply. This sounds like what we need so I have ordered one.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:14 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.298 Posts

I look forward to seeing a full and detailed set of photos by the time we get back from our hols. You have until 21st June.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Magpie likes this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:11 pm
by fishcultureman (deleted)

I believe the siesta is the air beam version of the Vango Bondi (poled), which we have. Good enough awning, although doesn't fit to the sides well. Both Randa and Sportique have provided great solutions to that on here using inflatable seals or pool noodles.

Magpie likes this post!
Last edited Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:12 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 13 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12515 topics and 105593 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1