Powrtouch motor mover on an Eriba

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:41 pm
by Raconteur (deleted)

Our friends have Reich motormovers fitted to their vans but the main dealer we are buying our new 540 from has recommended Powrtouch. His thinking is that there is a 6 week wait for Riech but he can fit Powrtouch immediately and that it is slightly cheaper. Does anyone have Powrtouch fitted to an Eriba? What is your opinion - works well or any issues? Any help gratefully received!

Scroll up

RE: Powrtouch motor mover on an Eriba

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:24 am
by Raconteur (deleted)

I didn't get any responses to this question on the Forum but did get several comments on the Eriba Folk Facebook page and thought I would post the outcome here as it may be useful to people in the future. My main concern was not the quality of the movers but adequate ground clearance.

On Facebook a couple of people had Powrtouch fitted to their Eribas and were happy with them but the majority of comments were about Reich movers. I then spoke to Powrtouch. They tell me that there are no custom fittings for Powrtouch/Eriba but fitters use Truma fittings but the results are variable. They have seen movers with just 10cm of ground clearance which they consider 'very iffy' and recommend 16cm as a minimum. In the end I've gone for Reich despite the wait and having to do one trip without a motor mover.

Skoda and 540GT
Steve and Debbie and Doonhamer like this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
7 Members and 25 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105784 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 7