Unladen Laden weight - what's included? PuckL 225 GT 2005

in We've got it down to a T Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:47 pm
by DJP | 22 Posts

So I have diligently weighed all the items in the van (bedding / chairs / cutlery / spare tyre / cable / gas bottles etc ) which comes to 98 kg.

I have one badge on the side of the van which says 750 kg.

I have several questions.

How many kilos of stuff can I put into the puck?
Is the spare wheel / fridge / battery / gas bottle etc already included?

I can't seem to find a definitive answer on the forums.

thankyou ....

Scroll up

RE: Unladen Laden weight - what's included? PuckL 225 GT 2005

in We've got it down to a T Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:55 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 997 Posts

The answer lies in delving through the Hymer price list archives.

Firstly though, all Eriba Touring models for the last two decades or so have come with a fridge and gas heating as standard and that's about it.

A spare wheel is a cost option and weighs 20kg, a battery and charger is a cost option and weighs 30kg, The gas is a longer story.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG
DJP likes this post!
Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:12 pm

The 2005 225 Puck L in standard empty form weighs 620kg and in running order 650kg. The 30kg difference is basically an allowance for gas cylinders and little bits and pieces, but basically gas.

As shown on the side of your van the MTPLM is 750kg, which is the maximum the van can legally weigh on the road.

That basically means it has a total available payload of 130kg and from that you need to take the weight of everything added to the van, including gas cylinders. So, if you take the two items mentioned in my earlier post, they total 50kg, plus, say one gas cylinder weighing 15kg, you've used 65kg of the available 130kg.

There's a whole long list of cost options on the Hymer price list covering things like boilers, carpet, extra sockets, exterior locker flaps, metal sprung seats instead of foam rubber, cassette awning, motor mover etc etc etc. All use up payload, so that the empty van becomes much heavier than the advertised basic spec. weight.

DJP likes this post!
Last edited Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:13 pm | Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:26 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.304 Posts

The MIRO [empty basic weight] I have for your van is 650kg
If have you have a look at your owners manual page 139?, Weights details for special equipment, you can find out what the extras are on your van. You need to add these to your 650kg. This figure plus the contents that you put into the van must fall below the MTPLM.
The MTPLM .[Gross Laden Weight] I have as 750kg.
If your Dutch is up to it then further weights of extras can be found in the 2006 Dutch options brochure I have attached.

Colin

Attachment:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
Eriba 2006 Dutch options prices.pdf Eriba 2006 Dutch options prices.pdf

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
DJP likes this post!
Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:43 pm
by DJP | 22 Posts

Thank you for the replies - so I should assume the gas bottles, which I weighed are included in the 650, but the leisure battery and spare wheel arent?

Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:01 am

Quote: DJP wrote in post #5
Thank you for the replies - so I should assume the gas bottles, which I weighed are included in the 650, but the leisure battery and spare wheel arent?

No.

620kg is for a completely empty basic van

Van makers are required to quote a MIRO (Mass in running order) in brochures and it must include a weight for gas plus a bit for water in the toilet cassette and any other standards bits and pieces supplied with the van. In your vans case the MIRO is 650kg and that extra 30kg is mostly for gas cylinders. So, if you decide to only fit one gas cylinder or a much smaller, lighter cylinder then you free up payload.

To work out how much actual payload you have available take the empty weight (620kg), add in the weight of any gas cylinders, plus any cost option items fitted by the factory, or fitted in the years since. Then take that figure from 750kg and that will be what you can legally put in your van.

So say your gas cylinders weigh 20kg, the spare wheel is 20kg and the battery and charger 30kg, that's a total of 70kg, making your MIRO 620kg plus 70kg=690kg, leaving 60kg for clothes, bedding, food, crockery, cutlery, etc, etc.

However the list of cost option items for your van may include things you've not listed and they need to be added too, so that's why you need to look through the cost option list for your model year to identify what you have fitted and their weight. Only then can you be relatively certain how much weight you might have available. The alternative is to put your van on a weighbridge to establish a baseline.

DJP likes this post!
Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:32 pm
by DJP | 22 Posts

thank you for your help - I've found a local weigh bridge so will visit on Saturday .... should be enlightening....

Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:42 pm

Do let us know how you get on.

DJP likes this post!
Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:00 pm
by DJP | 22 Posts

Well

My exciting day out at the local sand and gravel site - our puck weighed in at 740 kg with everything in it I want to travel with. I jumped on the scales and it added 60kg, but i'm closer to 67, so I suspect it might underweigh. I will probably removed a few things from the van to give a decent buffer. We also weighed the puck when it was on the back of the car and it show 50kg lighter which suggest the nose weight?

Anyway, I'm much happier with the information and thank you for the advice. I suspect the take home message is, visit a weighbridge for clarity.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 43 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12520 topics and 105635 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0