RE: 2022 Troll 530 is on the way!

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:43 pm
by rs540 | 261 Posts

Quote: Easypeasy wrote in post #30

Incidentally, my assumption is that the Hymer nosewight gauge that I had fitted from new as a Hymer extra, has been calibrated to take into account it's distance from the ball/socket, making it simple to just view the noseweight reading on your set-up just before you hitch-up, alowing you to move weight around in lockers or on the floor inside, that's the whole point of it, simple really, no calculations are required.

Sorry, but this is wrong.

I bought the Al-ko premium jockey wheel and the supplied instructions clearly state how to calculate the correct nose weight just as Colin previously described.

The displayed value on the scale is the measured weight at the jockey wheel, not the weight which would sit on the ball hitch.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:30 pm
by chasnick | 69 Posts

Hi again Easy, we use a ten litre watering can to fill our 40 litre tank, yes it means a couple of trips or so to the tap but no queueing at service points.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:20 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.313 Posts

The premium jockey wheel is not factory calibrated for each vehicle. You will need to do the maths.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:44 am
by Easypeasy (deleted)

Whoops!, thanks for the jockey wheel advice re calibration, shows how useful this forum is, never too old to learn!
I have just looked at the Al-ko details in my pack ( I did not know I had this) & decided that I will calibrate it myself using a set of scales & avoid the maths, that is if I decide I need to know the exact figure that it equates to.
My point is, that as long as you have made a note of a reading on the jockey wheel gauge that gives you a good towing balance, quickly found after a couple of trips, then that reading is what you should always use, mine, out of coincidence for my yeti, happens to be the 70/75 mark.

Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 29 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12526 topics and 105690 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2