GB sticker to be replaced by UK one.

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:50 pm
by Border Reiver (deleted)

New rules coming into play for UK drivers wishing to visit Europe later this year. Post is on Practical Caravan website.
Being a newbie I still have to wait before posting links.

But the text is as follows :-

In something of a turnaround, the government has decided that from 28 September motorists who wish to take their cars abroad will be required to display a ‘UK’ sticker.

The change in rules comes only months after ministers had replaced the old Euro plate with a new ‘GB’ number plate, complete with Union flag. From September, motorists who have bought the new GB number plate and wish to drive their vehicles abroad will have to upgrade to the new UK number plate.

It has been noted by several news services that the change was not formally announced by the government, in contrast to the much publicised launch of the GB number plate in January by Transport Secretary Grant Shapps.

Instead, the government has written to the United Nations declaring that: “The United Kingdom is changing the distinguishing sign that it had previously selected for display in international traffic on vehicles registered in the United Kingdom, from “GB” to “UK”.”

iain . Ford Kuga soon to be towing Troll 542
Scroll up

RE: GB sticker to be replaced by UK one.

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:01 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.319 Posts

I'm not a happy bunny as I'd already ordered and applied my new stickers a few months ago.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:11 pm
by Randa france | 12.876 Posts

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:20 pm
by PooleDweller | 753 Posts

When Scotland get independence there will be no UK either. If that should happen will there still be a GB?

2015 Eriba Triton 430GT pushing a 2011 VW Golf Estate DSG 2L Diesel
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:46 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.319 Posts

Could be a NSGB, Not So Great Britain. But would they be able to fit the extra letters in?

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:50 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.120 Posts

The expression "omnishambles" springs to mind although I am not exactly sure what it means..........................

MikeT

Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 23 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12532 topics and 105723 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2