Repairing pin hole in Kampa Popair roof material

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:30 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.110 Posts

We have just returned from a glorious 4 nights on Walney Island where the sea breeze was constant and made it feel nice and cool.At night we got a lovely draft through the poptop vents and slept like logs. A totally different matter last night when we got back to Clitheroe and everyone was complaining about the heat - we could understand when we tried to sleep.............................!

The bright sunlight led to us seeing a pinhole in the roof of the Kampa just near the door to the van. It is a tiny pinhole and we might have had it for ages but not noticed. We don't want to place an unsightly big patch over it as not even sure that it would let any water in anyway. I wondered about putting a dab of superglue or something else on it to cover the hole.

Has anybody any suggestions as to what to do?

We are going to Angelsey on Sunday and some rain is forecast so might just wait to see if any water comes in...............

Thanks

MikeT

Scroll up

RE: Repairing pin hole in Kampa Popair roof material

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:57 pm
by GrandpaP | 35 Posts

I wouldn't use superglue as it is not flexible. If you have some tent repair adhesive (stormsure) or similar, a small blob of that over the hole should seal it.

Scroll up

RE: Repairing pin hole in Kampa Popair roof material

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:44 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.298 Posts

I tried to attach a repair patch to my first Fortex awning, using impact adhesive on the top/outside of the roof. It did not fix. I then tried on the inside and worked well. I think if it is just a pin hole then a blob of any flexible adhesive may well do the job, on the underside though. If it does not work it will peel off and you have lost nothing.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Last edited Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:30 am | Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 36 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12512 topics and 105581 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0