Hello…and advice!

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:28 am
by Patch (deleted)

Hello everyone!

We have been happy tent campers for many years but are now keen to move to an Eriba, but I am confused/bewildered by all of the different models.
We are looking to spend £5k so happy for 2nd hand older style.
We only need 2 or 3 berth but would like the dining area to be at the other end to the double bed.
Also not bothered about having a toilet or bathroom.

Anyone have ideas as to which model would suit us?

Thank you in advance for your help and advice.

Scroll up

RE: Hello…and advice!

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:41 am
by Julie Grafo | 3.464 Posts

to the Forum. I’m not particularly clued up on all the different layouts but I’m sure someone will be along shortly to explain. Good luck with your search.

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:05 am
by Randa france | 12.890 Posts

Hi Patch and welcome to Eribafolk

The smallest model you'll get in the range with a dinette in the front (no washroom) is a Familia more recently called a Familia 310.

However to get one near your budget you'll probably be looking at an 80s model so I've linked you to the appropriate brochure (In French).

https://files.homepagemodules.de/b614104...46_rjNwVxMb.pdf

Even then I think you'll need to consider £5000 to be a little low for a good honest one. Probably £5000 to £6000 would be more realistic.

As I belong to many Facebook Eriba groups I'll keep my eye open for you.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Steve and Debbie and FINNWOODY like this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:07 am
by Ianrow | 50 Posts

Sounds like you are looking for a Familia model 310 or 320.
Have a look at this guy's website ( we bought our Eriba from him)
https://www.eribacaravansales.co.uk/
Lots of pics of different models.
Also the buying guide here on the Forum.
There will be plenty of other replies soon, I am sure
Good luck with the search!
Ian and Christine

2002Triton 420 GT & Ford C max 1.6TDI
Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:13 am
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts

The 320 doesn't have a dinette, it has a bathroom instead.

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:20 am
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

The Familia 310 is the smallest with a separate dining area. [second row down]
https://forumeribatouring.com/download/f...XPKnf4HufGLtKss
Dave

Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 150 Tdi DSG Troll 552 - 2005
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey.

Last edited Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:21 am | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:25 am
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.011 Posts

It may be best to gain a clearer understanding of what they're like by taking a long look at the Hymer/Eriba website. Currently there are three lengths in the Touring range Familia, Triton and Troll. The Pucks were discontinued in 2010 but weren't in the configuration you want.

The only Familia with rear double and front dinette is the 310, without washroom as there's just no room for it.

The only Triton model that doesn't meet your layout is the 420 as the other three have rear double and front dinette but some don't have washroom and the bed lengths and dinette sizes vary.

All the current Trolls have washrooms. Some have a fixed double bed as standard or as an option and all have a dinette to sit in as well.

As you'd be seeking older Van's you'll find a lot of other layouts that are no longer available and Van's called by different model names to today. So, yes, it can be complicated but it bears study and perseverance.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG

Last edited Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:26 am | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:51 am
by Tomored | 2.128 Posts

Hi and to clan Eriba hope you have luck in your search.

Tom and Margaret

The only way to have a friend, Is to be one
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:56 am
by Patch (deleted)

Thank you everyone.
This is great information.

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:58 am
by Patch (deleted)

Hi Randa

Thank you for keeping an eye out and yes we think going towards £6k is going to be the option.
If there are any forums you can recommend that would be appreciated as well.

We have a lovely Cabanon tent and a Brenderup trailer to sell which will help go towards the cost!

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:00 am
by Patch (deleted)

Hi Ianrow

Thanks for this message.
Where is the buying guide in the forum? I can’t see it for looking!

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:08 am
by Patch (deleted)

Think I have found it in the ‘Technical help files’ section.

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:28 am
by granddadgrape | 1.560 Posts

Liz & Alan
Landrover Defender 90 & 2014 Triton 420
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:02 pm
by Randa france | 12.890 Posts

Quote: Patch wrote in post #10
Hi Randa

Thank you for keeping an eye out and yes we think going towards £6k is going to be the option.
If there are any forums you can recommend that would be appreciated as well.

This is the best place to be Patch for in depth information regarding all things Eriba but we also run a Facebook page in tandem to this forum where we often get notifications of older classic Eribas coming up for private sale.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/eriba

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:19 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

We have a 1998 Triton which we bought in 2015 for 7500 Euros. She has a back big dinette which becomes our bed, plus a front little dinette and a bathroom. Wouldn't be without the loo but that's person preference. I'm guessing that you're used to not having a bathroom in your tent. It might be something that you'd like to become used to LOL On a nippy, rainy night it's most welcome.
Good luck with your hunt.

Betty, 1998 Triton 430 and Colin, a Renault Mégane.
Scroll up

Visitors
7 Members and 26 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12541 topics and 105785 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 7