Kampa sunshine pro

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:18 am
by GT runner | 291 Posts

Hi All, I can’t keep it in any longer so I wanted to come out, and let you all know, that !, I have been toying with the idea of buying a Kampa sunshine pro VW model sun canopy to fit onto our Troll. I do value the collective comments and opinions of the members. My though processes are that (although its a bit pricey) is appears to be very well designed. It has an arched roof, so no pooling if the sunshine suddenly turns to rain. It has very good storm straps. I like the arch shape - I think I would look great on an Eriba, and no middle pole to interfere with the view. Also side panels can be fitted (ok at a cost - but they do appear well thought out). These are all features that our current Isabella shadow does not benefit from. I guess some might be put off by the cost, put putting that to one side, what do you think of the sunshine pro in general??

Thanks, Robbie

Attached pictures:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
 IMG_5607.PNG 
 IMG_5608.PNG 

Scroll up

RE: Kampa sunshine pro

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:46 am
by eribaMotters | 5.298 Posts

Robbie, quality of the product is not an issue. I'm more than happy with my Kampa. But to me anything that is a collection of bits that you add to is a compromise. As the canopy is designed for a campervan that adds another level of compromise as the fit to the Eriba will not be good. Then comes the price, which grows.At the eventual price I would expect something that fits.
I've a Vango due for delivery, that is designed for a campervan but the shape and quality look good. It;s all in one piece so should not be a fiddle and the price is very fair. The Elwood appears and vanishes within hours on the GoOutdoors, but it is also marketed as the Siesta and it is one of these I'm awaiting after my first order of an Elwood was lost by UPS.
I'm hoping that this will be a good replacement for my Sunncamp Swift that I've put up for sale.It will give me a true quick awning. The imperfect fit to the van I'm expecting I'm hoping to improve with a couple of 2m lengths of pipe lagging on the edges. This might not be as neat a solution as Randa's noodles, but we are talking about a £250 awning so I think this compromise is acceptable.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
GT runner and Keith and Sue like this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 19 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12515 topics and 105589 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3