Tow car

in We've got it down to a T Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:49 pm
by Bobtom (deleted)

Anybody tow with a Skoda Karoq 1.5 petrol.

Scroll up

RE: Tow car

in We've got it down to a T Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:01 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.074 Posts

Steamdrivenandy I believe

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi
Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:36 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.116 Posts

I tow our Troll 540 with the 2 litre diesel Karoq Scout. It's Ok but I don't think it tows as well as our previous Skoda Octavia Estate Scout which was brilliant.

Colin (Eribamotters) tows his Triton with a 1.5 Audi Petrol and I think that he really rates it. Both VAG but not sure how similar engine is to Karoq.

MikeT

Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:54 am
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.001 Posts

I would tow with our 1.5 petrol Karoq if I actually had something to pull. We've only had the car 2 months and medical and other circumstances mean we are vanless and likely to remain so 'til next year.

As a Yeti owner in the past I wasn't too happy at the Karoq's lack of visual character, but having used it for a couple of thousand miles now, I'm impressed. The turbo allows the petrol engine to develop plenty of torque through the rev range which older non turbocharged petrols never did.

Would I tow something weighing it's 1500kg limit, probably not, but as Eriba Tourings max out at 1400kg, when upgraded, I'm sure they'd be fine.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG

Last edited Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:56 am | Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:52 am
by eribaMotters | 5.306 Posts

The floor pan of the Karoq was developed off the Golf, as was my Audi A3. They share the same 1.5 150bhp and 250N/m torque.petrol engine that I have in my Audi. The Karoq due to it's weight should be a better tow-car than my A3 and has greater space and seating flexibility. When I bought my A3 2019 new in 2019 I would have liked the Karoq but could not get a guaranteed delivery time of less than 10 months, or a decent price. I paid about £4K less for my higher spec Audi than the Karoq.
I tow a 1200kg Triton with mine and it tows better than my previous tug, a 2L Diesel Skoda Yeti with 110bhp and 250N/m torque. The torque is available across a wider rev range, the engine is very flexible and she will sit happily in cruise control in 6th on all but the steepest of inclines.

On a good long motorway run at a true satnav 50/55mph I usually see 37/38 mpg, 40mpg occasionally and a low of 34mpg on a 2,500 mile trip through France with car and van fully loaded in 2019 when the car only had a few thousand miles on it. The Karoq due to its greater frontal area will get figures a few mpg lower.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
likes this post!
Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:16 am
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: eribaMotters wrote in post #5
The floor pan of the Karoq was developed off the Golf, as was my Audi A3.
Kind of. It's not really a floor pan.

Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:02 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.001 Posts

They are built on the same VAG platform, which doesn't have anything to do with trains.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG
Mike J likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 52 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12523 topics and 105649 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4