Bottled Gas shortage

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:09 pm
by Bryn | 991 Posts

Today Y tried to buy a new gas bottle for use in the garage and guess what, there appears to be a shortage of new bottles so couldn't get one other than exchange? is this a common problem

PooleDweller likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: Bottled Gas shortage

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:26 pm
by Mike J | 23 Posts

Yes, seems to be a shortage. Calor are not allowing stockists to open new contracts - exchange only. Best bet may be to buy an empty one on ebay and then exchange.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:32 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.072 Posts
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Used to be £10 for an empty 4.5kg bottle on Ebay. Now they are asking a lot more because of the shortage. I got 2 last month off Facebook market place for £10. They are ancient and I'm yet to see if they will exchange them.
Steve

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:32 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.298 Posts

You may have some luck with Flogas. They do a bottle that is similar in dimensions and weight as the lightweight Calorlite.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:18 pm
by Raconteur (deleted)

Depends on where you go. I tried several garages to buy two new bottles without luck. Then went to a rural farm shop and they did let me buy the new bottles and start a new contract without any issues.

Skoda and 540GT
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:31 am
by Captain Calamity | 342 Posts

Bought Flogas for a friend in Surrey recently. You order through the main website and a local dealer delivers. Personally I use Safeill. Expensive up front because you buy the bottle but half the price of Calor to fill and you can fill at most LPG stations (eg Morrison’s, Esso)

Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 20 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12512 topics and 105583 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2