New 240v socket

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:01 pm
by Iana1212 (deleted)

We have a 430 Triton and am looking to install a new socket. There is a spare space in the power supply to insert an additional cable so I do not need to connect into an existing circuit (the manual says it is for air conditioning or other accessories). I have the socket and am happy about wiring/fitting it but am struggling to identify the type/make of fitting that will insert into the power supply box. Can anyone help with the type that I need?

Scroll up

RE: New 240v socket

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:07 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

Somebody will be along soon and tell you the specific connector you require. Otherwise you could take the alternative route that I and many others have over the years.
If you take the panel out of the bottom of the cupboard under your kitchen sink you will find the mains run to the kitchen area socket. Cut into the cable, add a junction box and run a spare as you would on a domestic ring main. It is safe to run a few as you will not be using them all at the same time with high wattage appliances.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Alan likes this post!
Last edited Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:07 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:42 pm
by Just_Chilin (deleted)

Quote: Iana1212 wrote in post #1
We have a 430 Triton and am looking to install a new socket. There is a spare space in the power supply to insert an additional cable so I do not need to connect into an existing circuit (the manual says it is for air conditioning or other accessories). I have the socket and am happy about wiring/fitting it but am struggling to identify the type/make of fitting that will insert into the power supply box. Can anyone help with the type that I need?

The make is WINSTA I believe (but you'd need to check and confirm to yourself that they are before purchasing): these are the ones I have found but I'm not sure they are 100% correct since they are for 4mm cable

The plug is part code 770-133: https://www.wago.com/gb/pluggable-connectors/plug/p/770-133

The socket is part code 770-123 https://www.wago.com/gb/pluggable-connec...ocket/p/770-123

FYI, you can get them pre-wired if you dont have a crimping tool but again you need to check them out eg this is a 3-pin pre-wired 16A 1.5mm cable/connector: https://www.wago.com/gb/pluggable-connec...71-9993_206-302

I suggest you check out the web site and do your own measurements of pin spacing, conductor size etc with what you have in your van

Randa france likes this post!
Last edited Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:00 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:32 pm
by Iana1212 (deleted)

Thanks, will check connector again. I was trying to avoid cutting into the cables as there is a spare slot in the power supply but I think it will be easier and probably less frustrating (if the connector when it arrives is not the right one) just to go the junction box route which I have used many times when wiring up new sockets in house snd garage.

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:24 am
by Just_Chilin (deleted)

Actually, looking again at my van electrics more closely the plug is a 3-pole 771 series fitment like this:

Screenshot 2021-08-29 at 09.22.16.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

They can be bought with varying length pre-wired "tails", this is the 3m one https://www.wago.com/gb/pluggable-connec...02#&gid=1&pid=1

PS this cable is 1.5mm2 and suitable for 16A circuits

Last edited Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:33 am | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:21 am
by JohnE (deleted)

WAGO Winsta Midi products:

The 771 series covers assemblies with the cable permanently crimped to the plug or socket. As these are single cable entry connectors it won't be possible to add any additional accessories in the future.

The 770 series covers the individual plugs and sockets and are available in either single or double cable entry versions
They use a simple clamping system to connect the cable's individual conductors which can be undone later if needed.

Hymer uses 3-core 1.5mm² flex for mains socket wiring which fits perfectly in these plugs and sockets.

and Frantone like this post!
Last edited Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:27 am | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu May 11, 2023 6:13 pm

I've usually found a point in the mains wiring, cut into it and fitted a junction box from which I can feed my new sockets.
I'm guessing I should be able to find some empty Wago fitting points on my new Feeling so thinking of going a more factory look.
I've seen 770-133 for sale and they appear to have a male and female part. I'm guessing I wire up the male part with my 3 core 1.5mm white fllex and run this to my new CBE sockets. I cannot see that I need the female socket part. Is this correct?

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu May 11, 2023 6:58 pm
by Randa france | 12.889 Posts

When does she arrive Colin?
Loads of pics we hope
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last edited Thu May 11, 2023 6:58 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu May 11, 2023 7:34 pm
by JohnE (deleted)

Here's the Wago plug you need, Colin:

https://www.hubelectronics.co.uk/shop/wago/wago-770-133/

These are double entry plugs which can take two cables - see the datasheet under 'Downloads'.

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu May 11, 2023 7:46 pm

Thank you John. I'll wait until I get the van to see if I have the outlets where I need to add the extra sockets. From the pictures I've been sent of the "Radio / TV pre-installation (Audio wiring, Radio antenna and 2 speakers)" set up, it looks like I might have a mains feed coming out of the side of the wardrobe wall, but I can only see poitive & neutral. The other wire I guess is the feed to the 2 speakers at the front of the va.
Wiring Set Up outside wardrobe.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Wiring Set Up inside wardrobe.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)
Roger. I've been told parts from Germany are 2-4 weeks, so I'm allowing 4-6 weeks. I'm already buying bits though.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Last edited Thu May 11, 2023 7:50 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu May 11, 2023 8:18 pm
by JohnE (deleted)

That 2-core cable is 12V, Colin.

If you don't have a spare 230V outlet under the wardrobe you'll need to cut off one of the single entry plugs and connect its cable into your new double entry plug.

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu May 11, 2023 8:52 pm

I think it's starting to make sense and I'll get my head around the fixings when I have one in my hand.
I could put a small cherry shelf in for a radio over the access hole and below it a double frame CBE unit with 12v and co-ax outlet along with 230 mains socket. A TV bracket would sit nicely above the heating switches.

Colin

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 11 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105784 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0