Chassis plate

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:41 pm
by Raconteur (deleted)

Having recently bought a new Troll I find that the dealer is going through the process of registering it with Cris. They are asking for a photo of the chassis plate. The van is stored some distance away and I want to get the photo and depart. Ive just done a quick search on this forum but can't find anything clear about the chassis plate location. Is it the plate by the door (which is just a plastic stick on) or is there a real 'plate' anywhere on the van. The dealer told me it may be in the gas locker but I can't recall seeing anything there. Many thanks for any advice.

Skoda and 540GT
Scroll up

RE: Chassis plate

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:04 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

You should have a chassis plate and a vehicle plate. The chassis plate will be riveted at a central point on the axle on both older and newer vans. On older vans a plate can be found next to the door. On newer vans this information will be found in the gas locker.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:13 pm
by Just_Chilin (deleted)

Its at the bottom of the left hand side panel inside the gas locker : its a sticker

Provide the VIN number and tell them you'll provde a photo later: it takes them ages to process it since I think they contact Hymer in Germany (not sure)

likes this post!
Last edited Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:16 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:15 pm
by Raconteur (deleted)

Thank you both - really helpful.

Skoda and 540GT
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:32 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.011 Posts

It's good that the dealer is doing it for you. On UK built vans it's dead easy because the VIN number is logged at CRIS as soon as the van goes on the production line and CRIS have the details and just wait for the dealer to tell them who it's been sold to. On Continental vans CRIS get more awkward because they have no record of the van on their system and even after decades they still don't seem to have a good, easy system to get the vans registered. Most Eriba Touring dealers leave it for the owner to go through all the hassle and pay the registration fee because they realise the aggro it can be to get it done. My suspicion is that as a subsidiary of the NCC, the CRIS make it difficult for foreign vans as a disincentive to buy foreign, whilst UK van's slip through easily.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG
likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 11 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105784 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0