RE: Nose in

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:32 am
by Just_Chilin (deleted)

Quote: SOULBLUESMAN68 wrote in post #14
Yes JCh I see the irony of Colin's and my judgements on York.........................

The irony isnt always remembered by me I have to admit when Im in a big jam :)

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:25 am
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.122 Posts

Hi Andy

I think you are referring to Barkers which was a really good nursery. it is now the site of an Aldi and a large pet store.

It's demise was quite odd. It was really successful but when the couple who owned it wanted to retire none of the family wanted to take it over. As a result the site was left to grow wild for a number of years - it looked really strange. Not sure if this was common knowledge or not. A friend of mine was going out with a relative of the family and he told me.

I bet they got a lot of money from the site when it was sold to developers.

MikeT

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:21 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.010 Posts

The name Barker rings a bell because our house in BL had just been converted by a family called Barker, some of whom lived next door to us. It was the original Methodist chapel in the village but hard been superseded around the start of 20C and had been turned into a smithy by the Barkers. 90 years on and the Barkers had become plumbers and had no use for the building so they had it turned into a house and we were the first occupants.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG

SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Last edited Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:42 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 25 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12537 topics and 105760 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2