RE: Laptops v phones

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:01 pm
by Just_Chilin (deleted)

4G and 5G are mobile technologies that the worlds mobile communications are based on without which emergency services, industry and commerce could no longer operate.

Thank God we no longer require operators to patch us through to someone or have to rely on "party line" telephone calls

GG is a colloquialism for a horse I believe

Just as a heads up, and I kid you not, in the next 30 years human beings will have chips inserted into their brains to enable people to communiate with each other and the internet without the need to "dial" anyone, type anything or use mice/keypads:) - the technology already exists in its infancy and its just a matter of time!

Last edited Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:02 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:27 am
by Randa france | 12.877 Posts

It happens for me already. Chips inserted to the brain, by way of the mouth that is.

I know it sounds a bit daft but do you think the lack of 4G/3G is anything to do with the sensitivity of the area although we are quite some distance from Cheltenham?

Although I've had a mobile phone for years now I can't be asked to use it frequently. After a professional lifetime of being hounded on the phone, I've done with them. Thank God I bailed out in the 90s before mobiles became a way of life. Nowhere to hide

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Williebraveheart and scouteralf like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:51 am
by Just_Chilin (deleted)

The lack of a mobile signal is (mostly) down to simple economics: masts are only usually placed where people want to/will use them since this will generate revenue for the mobile network operators.

There is some encouragement from the licensing authority to provide as much geographical coverage as possible but clearly if no one is around there not much need for a mobile mast.

The other challenge is terrain since mobile signals are easliy blocked by mountains and buildings (particularly 5G which has a much shorter range than 4G)

Military communications use different wavelengths so no sensitivity issues there.

The problem with mobile phones isnt the mobile phone or its technology, its simply down to user behaviour. If you choose to have the ringer on your phone turned on and you keep answering it and you have a burning desire to keep telling everyone what you had for breakfast, guess what, your life will be controlled by the phone.

If you manage the phone settings properly its a tool to help not hinder you:)

I find it most useful for sourcing information on demand: give me this anytime rather than how things were done in years ago

Keith and Sue likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:46 pm
by Randa france | 12.877 Posts

The other thought that crossed my mind especially as Cirencester is quite a large community with several colleges in the area, is whether the college next door, or the authority governing the college, is somehow blocking the signal.

There would appear to be a long term dispute between the Caravan Club and the College over rights of way. Many campsite users complain of the bad access road and lane to the site which is owned by the college and the Caravan site is on some prime ground for possible future expansion.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:47 pm
by Just_Chilin (deleted)

Intentional electromagnetic interference is illegal so I wouldnt think that is whats happening.

Unintentional interference by other electrical devices is a possibility but I doubt it because of the power output needed to block a large area.

Its most likely due to environmental conditions : landscape topography, trees, and other buildings that causes the reception blackspot

Ray Lawrence likes this post!
Last edited Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:48 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:21 pm
by Old Rocker | 493 Posts

Chips in the brain in the future? Isn't that what some believe already happens with the Covid jab?

Troll 530, Volvo XC60 2,4 R design

Yesterday is just a memory, tomorrow's never what it's supposed to be
Sportique likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 27 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12533 topics and 105724 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3