Drain down water ready for winter

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:43 am
by Eviegrace (deleted)

Advice please - how do I drain down water ready for winter please - what do I need to do- learning how to do everything in my beloved late husband triton many thanks

Scroll up

RE: Drain down water ready for winter

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:52 am
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

If you use the forum search facility lots will come up, including how to blow or pump out the system.
For a more concise answer, do you have separate water cannisters under the sinks or one onboard tank and is any hot water system fitted?

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:37 pm
by Eviegrace (deleted)

Hi Colin- yes just a canister under sink and no hot water system fitted.will look at forum search facility.
Many thanks
Amanda

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:59 pm

The short answer will be empty the cannisters and run the taps dry. Next turn off the 12v and then turn open the taps and leave them open over winter. Some find putting a blown up balloon over the end of the tap useful as the air it releases does get some water out of the tube and pump.
The idea is to keep the van inside from freezing over winter as this can split a tap body possibly costing £100 plus. A new pump is about £20.
Don't forget to keep all cupboards open to allow air circulation and if you can get upholstery indoors.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Last edited Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:00 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:44 pm
by Ray Lawrence | 668 Posts

It may be too late for you but my routine is to go for a last trip (I'm going mid October). On site empty all the water containers, drain the toilet flush tank. operate the toilet flush pump until it runs dry. Open all the taps and leave them open. On your trip home the bumping around should empty the last remaining drops out of the system.
Leave the taps open all winter.

2007 Triton 430GT - Seat Ateca 1.4TSI petrol manual
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:57 pm

I forgot to mention the loo, so we'll done that man. As regards taps etc, I do as you do, but I have an onboard tank and water boiler.

Colin

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:11 pm
by Old Rocker | 496 Posts

Why stop using your Eriba in Winter?

Troll 530, Volvo XC60 2,4 R design

Yesterday is just a memory, tomorrow's never what it's supposed to be
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:24 pm

Some are not as hardy as you. I'm a wimp. March to October normally offers decent enough weather to not get soaked and frozen at the same time.
I wonder if those of us with larger vans tend to stretch the season more as we have greater space to relax indoors. I also think hard standing pitches make the season longer.

Colin

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 26 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105784 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1