Mains Consumer Unit in Triton

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue May 24, 2022 11:29 am
by Digby (deleted)

Hello all
We have a Triton 420n (2016)
I notice there is an extra unused outlet on the base of the mains consumer unit and I would like to use this to add another 13 amp supply to the caravan.
However I am finding it very hard to locate a new plug that fits.
Apparently it is a WAGO 771 Winsta fitting. (See pix of the one existing plug)
Anyone know where these can be obtained ?

Plug1.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Plug2.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Plug3.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Last edited Tue May 24, 2022 11:29 am | Scroll up

RE: Mains Consumer Unit in Triton

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue May 24, 2022 12:20 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.403 Posts

This might be what you want:- https://www.wago.com/gb/pluggable-connec...02#&gid=1&pid=1
If you use the forum search facility I recall somebody posting a supplier. I did bookmark it but I've now lost it.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue May 24, 2022 12:33 pm
by rs540 | 261 Posts
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue May 24, 2022 3:23 pm
by JohnE (deleted)

You'll need to check whether the spare outlet at the consumer unit is from the same MCB as the existing connector - if not, you'd need to fit another MCB.

Alternatively:

The other end of the existing outlet cable will connect to a Wago multi-block which you could use if it has a spare outlet.

Another option is to cut off the existing single plug and connect its cable, plus your new cable, to a new double-outlet Wago plug.

The Installation Datasheet is a useful guide if you haven't encounterd these connectors before.

I usually buy Wago connectors from here, and 1.5mm2 white flexible cable from Screwfix.

Aaron Calder likes this post!
Last edited Tue May 24, 2022 3:41 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 91 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12659 topics and 106590 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1