Bonjour mes amis!

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue May 24, 2022 4:24 pm
by Jez and Lou (deleted)

Greetings from west central France (the Charente department) where we (Jez and Louise) are currently trying to get our 1990 Eriba Pan Familia registered with the French authorities. In fact, I'm looking for some advice on how to find the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) on our van because, for some reason, it doesn't appear to have a vehicle identification plate anywhere in plain sight. Has anybody got any ideas where the VIN could be stamped - on the axle for example...?

Anyway, glad to be with all of you Eriba fans and we look forward to meeting some of you over the coming years...

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: Bonjour mes amis!

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue May 24, 2022 4:26 pm
by Tomored | 2.128 Posts

To he forum

Tom and Margaret

The only way to have a friend, Is to be one
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue May 24, 2022 5:09 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.403 Posts

Welcome to the forum and from such a lovely place. We have friends in the Cognac area. St Maigrin OI think.
Back on track. You would normally find a plate just to the right of the habitation door very low down. I recall some vans had a plate on the drawbar near the hitch. You will find a plate on the axle, but this would not have the vin number on it, but a sepearte set of figures and digits that relate just to the axle.
Best of luck with your search and French bureaucracy.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue May 24, 2022 5:22 pm
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

Welcome from sunny Brittany! Here's a link for what you have to do. As far as I can tell LOL All on-line now. https://www.legalplace.fr/guides/carte-grise-caravane/

Betty, 1998 Triton 430 and Colin, a Renault Mégane.

eribaMotters likes this post!
Last edited Tue May 24, 2022 5:23 pm | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu May 26, 2022 12:50 pm
by Morphy | 972 Posts

Morphy sunny Lancashire UK

New Troll 540GT on the way Silver Skoda Octavia Scout residing in sunny Lancashire.
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu May 26, 2022 1:18 pm
by granddadgrape | 1.580 Posts

Liz & Alan
Landrover Defender 90 & 2014 Triton 420
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Fri May 27, 2022 6:50 am
by Jez and Lou (deleted)

Many thanks, Colin. Cognac is lovely and only 30 minutes from us - a stress free half hour on French roads!

The VIN issue is odd. We have the habitation door plate but it only has the serial number of the van, not the VIN. There's another plate inside the door, low down, with an Aufbau Nr. We also have plates on the drawbar by the hitch and one on the axle - both of these are AL-KO plates (they made the chassis, I believe) and don't appear to have the VIN on them. I've attached photos of all 4 plates in case you're interested!

I've had an email exchange with Eriba Loisirs in Cernay having been referred to them by Eriba HQ in Bad Waldsee. They have said that none of the numbers I've given them help and that they can not provide me with any more information... I've also emailed AL-KO to see if they have any more information but they haven't got back to me yet.

Next step, assuming that I cannot find the VIN anywhere, is to go down the FFVE route but I still need the VIN to get that ball rolling...

Heigh ho!

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 65 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12660 topics and 106594 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1