Awning issues

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:42 am
by Ipfewt (deleted)

Hi we have owned our Triton 340 gt for about a year now and are very pleased, my only issue is the awning, we have a Kampa pop air pro 340. We find it is the right size , a bit heavy but when erected looks hideous (that is only my opinion). I have seen the Vango Elwood on one van and it looked a lot tidier. What other awnings are out there to suit our Triton
Thanks Ian.

GT runner likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: Awning issues

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:07 pm
by GT runner | 291 Posts

Well now you’ve open a fascinating can of worms Ian. There’s is lots out out there and I dare say you will get some interesting suggestions. We use a Vango Hexaway air awning. It makes a great extra space off the front of our Troll and tensions up very well so looks and is very sturdy. All the best. Robbie.

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:38 pm
by Ipfewt (deleted)

Thanks I will take a look
Ian

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:43 pm
by GT runner | 291 Posts

Hi Ian here is a picture of our set up Vango Hexaway.png - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:26 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.156 Posts

hi Robbie

I remember this from previously and it looks good -

However I seem to remember you got some sarcastic comments about the role of the telegraph pole.....................!

MikeT

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:28 pm
by GT runner | 291 Posts

Yes I can remember that Mike ha ha. Just bought a new awning now but not had time to set it up. Its the one that Eriba sel. Made by Isabella and has a tradition peaked canopy and then 2 sides and a front that can be added on as needed. Have you seen it ?

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:13 pm
by jane_hoyle (deleted)

I have to say I bought a Kampa pop air pro 340 recently and thought it looked lovely and so easy to erect . We bought the annexe as an extra and may get the canopy

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:25 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.403 Posts

I have the canopy on our Pop Air 340 for our Triton. I have only used it for a two week stay back in 2019 and was a little sceptical of it's use as it is only shaloow
It is however effective and worth buying for that bit of extra shade and also being able to keep the top of the awning open when it rains and you still want some air.
Have a look here:- Pop Air Canopy for Triton 430

Colin

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:29 pm
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

Just a question....doesn't having a whopping great awning on the van make it very hot in the summer? We've just been in a very hot part of france with lots of eribas with awnings and we did wonder but didn't dare ask LOL

Betty, 1998 Triton 430 and Colin, a Renault Mégane.

Last edited Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:30 pm | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:40 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.403 Posts

Because we unzip front and one side to the ground, along with having a mesh on remaining side we have not found this an issue. We only now use a full awning when on a very long site pitch. If we go up a size from our Triton I do not believe we would use one at all until we end up taking family away with us.
We have various set-ups. At present it is hot and we are staying a week or so on each site so we have come away with what looks like an Isabella Shadow with a drop end and a very lightweight blow up Vango Siesta, an excellent awning for damp conditions or when camping out of summer months. We used it on our first 5 days in France when we had rain.

Over the years I have come of the opinion that no one awning meets all needs. A traditional frame awning with removable front and sides so you can use it as a canopy comes close, but has it's drawbacks.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

GT runner and b2nun like this post!
Last edited Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:43 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 100 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12659 topics and 106590 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0